Looking for 84" or above for meeting room

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by qwales, Feb 9, 2014.

1. qwales

qwales

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Potentially large budget and looking for best option for monitor/tv for board room. It will be used predominantly for presentations from laptops so must have wifi conectivity, which I guess they all will. The only thing I have found so far is the 84" LG & Samsung UN75F8000, any other options you can recommend? P.S. The Panasonic 103" at around £40K is way over budget.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. paul1979

paul1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,291
    Get a pj!

3. George a L

George a L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Sharp 90" is what your after.

4. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,783
    I will stand to be corrected, but I don't think any of the TVs you mention are suitable for your application.

I do not believe that the wifi will allow connection from a Laptop in terms of sending a presentation. There are various wireless senders you can plug into a laptop and also Apple TV type boxes to allow streaming to a certain extent of screen content.

As these are domestic TVs, be careful about the warranty, as it may not be valid for business use. That being said, being bolted to a boardroom wall is hardly giving them a hard life!!

The Sharp TV is very good, but 90" and 1080p means the pixels are actually quite big. For some reason, it is more noticeable than the Panasonic 103", looking worse close to.

For this sort of budget, you could just about get a 2x2 seamless plasma or LCD. This will give you almost 4K resolution, 84" diagonal and also the ability to show multiple images on the screen at 1 time - depending upon the image processor chosen.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,519
    Wireless 'Video' from a Laptop is usually at a low frame rate so definitely not ideal for anything other than static slides - esp. on a large format display. Wires are still best.

What is the budget, what are the logistics of getting in such a large display, does the room seating/layout lend itself to a large single display.

Will you want any form of 'smart' whiteboard/overlay/annotation system for gathering thoughts/ideas etc.?

Joe