1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 7ft 16:9 fixed screen recommendations

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DORSETAV, Sep 18, 2005.

1. DORSETAV

DORSETAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 7ft fixed screen, any one have any recommendations upto about £500.

I'm looking to match it to a Sanyo PLV-Z3

Also has anyone constructed their own fixed screen of this size, and who's material did they go for ?.

Thanks
    Andy Ballard.

2. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    Hi. I constructed my own 7ft fixed screen a couple of years ago. I've been really happy with it. I bought the material from Harkness Hall, made a frame from 1x1 wood and stretched the material over it. Then I bought some of the bevelled wood stuff you put round the edge of a door (I'm sure there's a proper name for it!), painted it with blackboard paint and then nailed it to the top of the frame. All done in a few hours!

Jules

3. DORSETAV

DORSETAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jules....thanks for the reply

I think I will construct my own given that all the purchase options seem to start at around £500.

Does thew blackboard paint work ok............I have been leaning towards using velvet to cover the frame as several forum threads seem to rate this as the best option.

4. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Where can you get the velvet?

I had a go at building mine, using an old pull down screen I had, and the results were pretty good, but i would prefer to start again and do it right. ie. get material from Ellie or DHR and some velvet to go ound the edges.

5. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    The blackboard paint worked fine for me - dark and matt. Velvet would no doubt look great as well. As far as screen material was concerned, when I was looking for mine Harkness Hall were the cheapest and their customer service was great. It came in a big tube and they'd given me extra just in case. I'd recommend them.

Jules

6. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I can recommend the Vogue ones that Ellie sell. Mine was about £350.00 for a 1.1 gain with a black aluminium frame and its really nice quality :thumbsup: