1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 5.1 decoder

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by googleflump, Jul 2, 2005.

1. googleflump

googleflump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just bought a KISS DP-558 and am overall very pleased with it. Unfortunately the one thing it does lack is an integrated dolby digital decoder.

Ideally I'm looking for a stand alone 5.1 decoder, and preferably one that is a) fairly cheap and b) fairly small. The packard bell 5.1 decoder that I have seen mentioned on these forums would be ideal, but I can't find anywhere that stocks it?

I'm not too bothered about it being top of the range, I just want something basic that does the job. The only decoders I can find on ebay are of "gigantic" proportions - much like the old Sherwood amp I used to own. I'm suffering from a lack of space though, and really need something small.

So if anyone knows where I can buy the packard bell, or if anyone has one for sale please let me know! If anyone has any ideas for alternatives to the packard bell I would welcome suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Googleflump

2. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30