Matt Wood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
TV is just for gaming. Looking for one that is 4k HDR 55-60". I already have a oled but its not really suitable for gaming due to burn in which mine has. Just seen review of the hisense u7a which was very positive. Anyone used a hisense for gaming? Don't want to spend too much so around 500-700.

Samsung 55MU7xxx, if you can stretch to £719

The Hisense is a good option for the price or the XE70 for 4K SDR content.

For a limited HDR experience the MU7000 or XE85 are good options.

For HDR to be presented correctly the minimum is the XE90/XF90.

You want to buy online and use a credit card for extra protection, RS or John Lewis are the best for overall service and warranties, but some others are now offering similar service as well like Crompton and Moore and Hughes.

TV is just for gaming. Looking for one that is 4k HDR 55-60". I already have a oled but its not really suitable for gaming due to burn in which mine has. Just seen review of the hisense u7a which was very positive. Anyone used a hisense for gaming? Don't want to spend too much so around 500-700.

Did you get the burn in primarily from gaming or tv for long periods with static images by any chance?

It would be nice to see some feedback as there are a number of realworld tests ongoing currently to determine what the likelihood is to get burn in of a OLED panel.

Dodge has also covered it here:

My links & guides

Did you get the burn in primarily from gaming or tv for long periods with static images by any chance?

It would be nice to see some feedback as there are a number of realworld tests ongoing currently to determine what the likelihood is to get burn in of a OLED panel.

Dodge has also covered it here:

My links & guides
I couldn’t really tell you as the image isn’t that clear and it’s only seen on certain scenes. I do watch a lot of sky sports news but it’s not on for long periods. Read that to get permanent burn in it would have to be left on with something static for about 12hrs.

U7A is looking like a solid bet and is priced well for a 2018 model, thankfully Hisense don't overprice their newly released models like others do.

The U7A will be about on par with last years NU8700 and in the same performance category as some TVs already been mentioned by others here, Samsungs MU7000/MU8000/MU9000, Sony's XE85xx series and Panasonics EX750. All more than suitable for gaming. In fact you could even spend less and get a good gaming TV in the low range.

If you want HDR gaming, you'll need to spend more. These TVs will support HDR, but may look better with it turned off.

U7A is looking like a solid bet and is priced well for a 2018 model, thankfully Hisense don't overprice their newly released models like others do.

The U7A will be about on par with last years NU8700 and in the same performance category as some TVs already been mentioned by others here, Samsungs MU7000/MU8000/MU9000, Sony's XE85xx series and Panasonics EX750. All more than suitable for gaming. In fact you could even spend less and get a good gaming TV in the low range.

If you want HDR gaming, you'll need to spend more. These TVs will support HDR, but may look better with it turned off.
How much more? Definitely want one with at least decent HDR.

Ninja mentioned it above, you need at least the Sony XE90 if you can still find one (2017 model). Its replacement the XF90 is still high in price.

For HDR to be presented correctly the minimum is the XE90/XF90.

If you can't find the XE90 at a good price its more likely that some deals will pop up on last years Samsung QLEDs that are the next best option for those looking for good HDR on a budget, so thats the Q7F/Q8F/Q9F. Not the new 2018 Samsungs which use the FN suffix.

Sadly when I say "good HDR on a budget" this is the kind of money that you need to spend to have HDR worth having. Manufacturers plaster HDR on every TV now even when it can't display it to a decent level.

I did read HDR on Hisense U7A is a bit dim in lightly lit rooms. Mine isn’t lightly lit so don’t know if that makes a difference. Review on tech radar says the same for XE90 but also says this is the HDR tv we’ve been waiting for apparently.

Usually when people mention it's dim it will be because of hdr, these TVs now are very, very bright compared to ones pre HDR. Sometimes up to 4x brighter than nominal calibrated SDR brightness levels.

It may lack a decent anti reflection filter, no mention of that in reviews unfortunately.

I did read HDR on Hisense U7A is a bit dim in lightly lit rooms. Mine isn’t lightly lit so don’t know if that makes a difference. Review on tech radar says the same for XE90 but also says this is the HDR tv we’ve been waiting for apparently.

I wouldn’t touch that hisense mate, I received it today and it’s going straight back, DSE, washed out colours, picuture looks blurry

I wouldn’t touch that hisense mate, I received it today and it’s going straight back, DSE, washed out colours, picuture looks blurry
Was having second thoughts. I believe you get what you pay for hence the LG C6 oled so it’s hard for me to just settle for average. If my local curry’s had the XE90 in then I’d probably get that but it’s the XE85 that they have. Not sure what difference there is, it’s certainly a lot cheaper at 800.

Was having second thoughts. I believe you get what you pay for hence the LG C6 oled so it’s hard for me to just settle for average. If my local curry’s had the XE90 in then I’d probably get that but it’s the XE85 that they have. Not sure what difference there is, it’s certainly a lot cheaper at 800.

I’ve had previous Hisense TVs mate, m7000 was the last, I went oled, I purchased the u7a for dining room, just really poor

Do you think there's a chance you dropped on a bad one mate?

Yours is the first real negative I've seen on this tv, and it's taken me by surprise a little. I was 75% on buying one this weekend.

Do you think there's a chance you dropped on a bad one mate?

Yours is the first real negative I've seen on this tv, and it's taken me by surprise a little. I was 75% on buying one this weekend.

Possibly mate but I won’t be getting another

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom