Looking for 37-42 inch gaming TV

luKasledge

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a TV preferably around 39 (I know LG do a couple) or 40 inches. I think I'm decided on an LED and I don't really want to pay any more than about £550.

Aside from that I'm pretty flexible, I've looked a couple of those 39" LG TVs and their 100Hz motion processing is a slight worry of mine. I wonder if that is good enough for gaming?

I'm open to all suggestions.

My second point is I have a 32" Toshiba that I'm looking to replace. It's a fine LCD that I bought back in 2007 thanks partly to the advice I garnered from this very forum.

The only problem I have is what to do with it once it's been replaced, I don't want to hold on to it I don't have either the need or the space. Selling it online I imagine would be difficult as I no longer have the box it came in. What is the best solution.

I know a while back Samsung did a trade in offer where they would take your old TV off your hands for a reduced price Samsung TV, but I haven't seen any of these promotions recently.

What have you done or are planning to do with your old LCD TVs?

Here's just a couple I'm looking at

Samsung UE40F6100 | 40 inch 3D LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

LG 39LN575V | 39 inch LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Last edited:
I sold my old LCD to a friend

A 2007 32" TV will sell for £50 if lucky, I'd give it to a friend or relative for a few quid

Could try the classifieds, cash on collection, don't need a box, the buyer can wrap it in a duvet

The 100hz is just processing, why wouldn't it be enough? adding loads of programming also adds input lag

There are owner threads for most models in the main LCD forum, use the search box for feedback on specific models

£50 is better than nothing.

100hz, well I don't know but I obviously don't want any motion blur, do you think that it is sufficient to handle very fast moving sequences?

I'm really looking for suggestions, in that size range and price range, perhaps if you've fairly recently bought at TV and are happy with it, please let me know. :smashin:

There's several hundred pages of owner thread on the lg in the LCD forum. Perhaps post there?

I'm struggling to find the input lag information for a lot of the TVs I'm considering. Even a lot of reviews seem to leave it out.

If some of you guys who own the TVs or are in a similar boat as me and have found a possible candidate, please let me know.

Why not ask for opinions in the owner thread? They'll be able to tell you what's what!

Why not ask for opinions in the owner thread? They'll be able to tell you what's what!

I have done, with little to no luck.

That is what I have done for specific TVs but I'm asking for advice on what TV's to look into.

Surely there are some gamers on here who could recommend a TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom