Looking at the 2016 LG range

Imrahill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone have any info thoughts on the LG 2016 range I'm looking at either the UH75 or the UH66 prob be the 55"(defo for the 75) might go bigger on the 66

I'm looking at the same range. The UH75 and UH66 don't appear to properly support HDR (see LG's 2016 TV line-up - full overview - FlatpanelsHD) so I'm considering the UH85 or the UH77 in 49". They all look like very nice sets, but if I'm taking the plunge now as a relatively early adopter, I want to make sure I'm getting the best HDR performance that I can afford, and that will last me a few years. I haven't got the room (or the money) for an OLED, sadly.
If you're in the UK, Richer Sounds have the UH77 with a 6 year warranty included. The UH85 is exclusive to Currys.

I've a friend in AV installations and he told me anything under 55" in either 4K or HDR is pointless! The resolution is beyond what a human eye can differentiate

I've been to see a few at 49" in stores and they look pretty good to me. I can see the argument that if it's too small you won't see the 4K difference, but HDR improves the actual picture quality and that's not size dependent.

True! Is it just me or is buying a TV ridiculously complicated! I've a budget of £1500 and I can't find a set without some sort of Issues? Maybe am just looking too deep! Not to fussed on future proofing as 8k will only be 3/4 years away

You're absolutely right. My advice would be to stick to your budget and go and look at some sets in store. They'll be on 'demo' mode but you'll get an idea of picture quality. Richer Sounds will give you a thorough demo if you give them a bit of notice. Every set will have issues but is almost certain to be an improvement on what you have now. I wouldn't get too hung up on getting the biggest set you can afford. You may be more pleased with a smaller set with higher spec.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom