Looking at LCD up to £700 region

Snarf999

Standard Member
Reaction score
My top choice at the moment seems to be the Samsung LE40B650 (in one guise or another). However I'm still torn between LCD and Plasma with the Panasonic TX-P42S10B.

General seating position will be around 3.5m away (11 or 12 feet). We do have a sky dish so could go down the freesat route (and hence a NeoPDP screen from Panasonic), but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I guess I also don't really need 1080p due to the distance away that we'll be sitting, however it's seems a bit strange not to futureproof somewhat. Connections to the TV are an old XBox, Wii and (most importantly) the HTPC which has an HDMI out.

Any insights on whether the LCD is the one to go for, or whether the plasma is suitable?

I'm looking at getting a
LG 47LF7700

Looks great for 600 quid! freesat built in, full HD, 100hz usb etc... i know it aint 50 inch, i would prefer that, but it's only 3 inches smaller, can't complain for the price and stuff it's got.

£600? Cheapest I can see that for is around £840. The 37" version is around £525 and the 42" version around £650. So is the LG worth it? I guess the quality isn't quite going to be up to that of the Samsung or Panny.

£600? Cheapest I can see that for is around £840. The 37" version is around £525 and the 42" version around £650. So is the LG worth it? I guess the quality isn't quite going to be up to that of the Samsung or Panny.

LG 47LF77STARSTAR at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

£599.95.

Im seriously thinking about getting it.

LG are great imo, i've got a 32LT75, had it for 2 years and it's had no problems, i want to upgrade to bigger now, and i will definately be going with LG.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom