Looking at getting B&W CDM 1NT

norderney

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pair of B&W CDM 1NT speakers to replace my current Mission speakers which are now 10 years old.

My CD player is an Arcam CD72 and my amp is an Arcam A85.

I have arranged a demo of the B&W's next week.

I like all types of music covering pop/rock (50's to 90's), country, jazz, easy listening and classical.

I have heard good things said about the B&W CDM 1NT, but I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has experience of using these speakers.

Thanks, Andrew Smith

I have them, on the B&W stands, and am very happy with them. I demo-ed them on Arcam kit before buying Linn. On both they sounded just fine. But as always you have to listen yourself to judge.

Given that you are considering spending £750 or whatever on the CDM1NTs this is going to sound very daft ... but also listen to the B&W 602s3 which with some music and with some amps give a lot more prescence.

i would agree with soundogs suggestion to demo cdm1nts and the 602s, i have cdms my m8s got 602s

if playing a range of cds the 602s are more (tolerant) than cdms
"the cdms will show up a "poorer" recording more so than 602s,

Andrew,

I have used the B&W 1NT's in my hifi setup for two years. My electronics are Arcam CD23 and Musical Fidelity A3.2 pre/power. On the whole they are excellent speakers. However, I found them a little wearing with most music due to their revealing nature. Not all discs are recorded and mastered to the same high standard so often I found the sound taxing.

This is purely subjective as with well recorded material they are stunning.

It all boils down to what is in fact our own very personal requirements of a music a/v system. Take loads of cd's and trust your ears!

Good luck

Darren

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom