looking at dvd recorders

cracken

Prominent Member
Reaction score
im thinking of dumping my modified Tivo (120gb, turbonet etc) for a DVD recorder, i was wondering if people have any comments on any DVD recorders that offer a 'pause live tv' function aka the Tivo and comments on the throughput as i was never 100 % wiht watching a tivo image over the general one.

comments please.

OTV,
Think you posted this in the wrong section really, best off posting in the DVD Recorders section;)
But while I'm here, I have the Philips DVDR75 and well pleased with it (without time slip though) Try looking at the Panny E55 or above for timeslip functions, for me I wasn't bothered about timeslip as I'm getting the Humax PVR8000 freeview receiver and can pause live tv for 30 mins there anyway:smashin:
I was thinking of buying a dvd recorder with built in hard drive but this way works out much cheaper, my total costs £385 for dvd recorder 40gig hard drive, oh and of course freeview! bargain!

cheers for the reply, i should have said that i wanted a HDD as well as DVDR facility in my options. ive been looing at the

pioneer 5100 and Panasonic E100

anyone got one of these :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom