Looking at 48+ inches with 4K. budget £700.. Best options?

Billy Bob

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 48" or above TV in the next few days and just wanted a bit of advice..

My habits are predominantly films on Sky HD or occasional gaming on XBOX One, audio isn't really an issue but would like the best picture... Also I think I'd kick myself if I didn't get a Smart TV as im a bit of a sucker for a gadget!

I'm the kind of person that goes out and buys something on a whim, but looking at spending more than I usually would this time - hence asking to draw on the nice folk here for experience and opinions.

Currently I am leaning towards an LG 49UB820V - looks nice but I'm looking for something as future proof as possible, and being an already outdated OS I am just a little wary.

Does anyone have any ideas of TVs I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance,
Will

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Would you not get a better quality 1080p set rather than going with 4K?

Billy Bob

Novice Member
That's the other option - but I'm looking at having it for a few years, so would it not be best to get a 4K set for the future?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'm buying again soon and sticking with 1080. Ask yourself this.....1080p has been out a long, long time now.....how many broadcasts are in 1080p? You're going to be waiting a very long time until 4k broadcasts are the norm.

Billy Bob

Novice Member
The difficulty is (from what I've seen) most sets are either 4K or 3D within my price range. I don't and wont use 3D so for me I would rather 4K than a 3D set which I'll never use. I do however want the smart functions.. are there any decent 1080P non 3D smart sets out there? i could save myself a lot of money this way :D

vickster

Distinguished Member
The best TVs have 3D these days. Just don't use it, you're paying for the higher quality TV rather than the 3D

Samsung 48H6400 or Sony 50W829 are among the best non 4K models around your budget

simonlewis

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom