• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking 4 Excellent HD Cam to Capture Very Fast & Technical Movements

Lees Dragon

Standard Member
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the forums and am in need of expertise.

I intend to buy an excellent quality camcorder for regular usage, but it's main focus will be to film me and my friends doing our sport called "Tricking".
I would like this to be a purchase that lasts for a few good years too. ; )

The thing about tricking is it's made of a sequence of extremely fast and technical human movements.
I'm not an AV smart-guy, so i'm not so sure about all the tech details and such that I would need to look out for to get the most amazing capture possible.

I've done my research, and have found out my fair bit tho.
So far, what I have seen to be most appropriate for my requirements is the Panasonic TM700.

Here is a video example of tricking at its finest, so you know what I am wanting to deal with in terms of footage.
(You'll notice there are many indoor shots, as well as outdoors, so thats a key factor)

YouTube - Rasmus Ott Remake

YouTube - DOENI and GABE "Falling Apart"

What are your opinions in terms of camcorder purchase?
Lets just say my budget is open for now.
Tell me what would be my best option please. = )

Thanks very much for your time.
Mohsen

davee b

Established Member
Have you looked at the Panasonic SD600, it apparently has good image stabilisation. Can be found for less than £600. I haven't tried it myself but i'm seriously considering it.

Lees Dragon

Standard Member
Aha...
Lookin good for the tm700 if i gots the cash, or the sd600 for the more budgeted approach.
So it's an appropriate cam for the job? =)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom