Look what Amazon sent me....

lpoolm

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
So I ordered a new power lead last week for my new tv, it got delivered to a neighbour, but 2 parcels?
One was my lead the other a box with what says a 1080p wifi camera?
Wow I thought, weirdly was looking at these only a few days before? I thought maybe they had seen my search history and sent one to test, like them reviewers that get stuff for free?
I decided to be honest, didnt even open it and phoned Amazon. Gave them a few tracking codes off the front but could not find any details on it. They were convinced someone in my house had ordered it (they hadnt!)
In the end she said to return to an Amazon drop off point, didnt know where onw was close to me so she said ok just dispose of it!?
Great I thought so opened it.... It is like a box of junk?
It was sealed, it had pass stickers on it but what the hell is it?
Its not a 1080p wifi camera..... :facepalm:
20190902_153344.jpg 20190902_153508.jpg 20190902_153524.jpg 20190902_153552.jpg 20190902_153715.jpg 20190902_153517.jpg

Looks like a go-pro mount or something similar

There's two mobile phone tripod mounts/clamps there (usually supplied with selfie-sticks).
The purple bit looks like a tripod adapter for a Go-Pro mount; the one white bit with the prongs on, will clip securely into it. The rest of the white bits might assemble into a bendy tower to support a camera.
The bags might contain seals for waterproof housings.
The blue bit looks like a tabletop stand for a mobile phone.
No idea about any other parts.

Twice now amazon have sent my duplicates of items ordered, once too in the same box another I received the same a week later.

They were both under £10 items and frankly a company that size isn’t going to get me out my way for an error on my favour.

There's two mobile phone tripod mounts/clamps there (usually supplied with selfie-sticks).
The purple bit looks like a tripod adapter for a Go-Pro mount; the one white bit with the prongs on, will clip securely into it. The rest of the white bits might assemble into a bendy tower to support a camera.
The bags might contain seals for waterproof housings.
The blue bit looks like a tabletop stand for a mobile phone.
No idea about any other parts.
Thanks, not that camera I thought I was getting for free though..

Thanks, not that camera I thought I was getting for free though..
No.
Looks to me like someone chucked worthless bits into a returns box to fool Amazon into a refund.

Every 2 months - regular as clockwork, I get an Amazon envelope containing 3 x lightning charger cables, 0.5m, 1m & 1.5m long.

I have never ordered them and sent the first few back, but don't bother any more, as they tend to last about 2 months before they fray or fail!

Quite how I have got a subscription to these cables is a mystery to both Amazon and myself. They can find no record of the items being dispatched and say the SKU part numbers do not match to the items, so do not know how they are dispatched. Having spoken with a mate who works for them - but for AWS, he thinks it might have been a test transaction in a sandbox system that has never been cancelled and has escaped into the wild...

So I ordered a new power lead last week for my new tv, it got delivered to a neighbour, but 2 parcels?
One was my lead the other a box with what says a 1080p wifi camera?
Wow I thought, weirdly was looking at these only a few days before? I thought maybe they had seen my search history and sent one to test, like them reviewers that get stuff for free?
I decided to be honest, didnt even open it and phoned Amazon. Gave them a few tracking codes off the front but could not find any details on it. They were convinced someone in my house had ordered it (they hadnt!)
In the end she said to return to an Amazon drop off point, didnt know where onw was close to me so she said ok just dispose of it!?
Great I thought so opened it.... It is like a box of junk?
It was sealed, it had pass stickers on it but what the hell is it?
Its not a 1080p wifi camera..... :facepalm:
View attachment 1190530 View attachment 1190531 View attachment 1190532 View attachment 1190533 View attachment 1190534 View attachment 1190535

Every 2 months - regular as clockwork, I get an Amazon envelope containing 3 x lightning charger cables, 0.5m, 1m & 1.5m long.

I have never ordered them and sent the first few back, but don't bother any more, as they tend to last about 2 months before they fray or fail!

Quite how I have got a subscription to these cables is a mystery to both Amazon and myself. They can find no record of the items being dispatched and say the SKU part numbers do not match to the items, so do not know how they are dispatched. Having spoken with a mate who works for them - but for AWS, he thinks it might have been a test transaction in a sandbox system that has never been cancelled and has escaped into the wild...
Could be this 'Why I write fake online reviews'
Even verified reviews might not be all they seem. Some consumers fear their personal data might have been used by sellers to gather fake "verified reviews".

Known as "brushing", the scam sees sellers obtain people's name and address to send the goods which they did not purchase.

On Amazon, this leaves a paper trail showing the goods had been bought on the site and had been delivered.

The seller then uses the individual's details to set up a new account which it uses to post glowing reviews of its products.

Amazon says it is "investigating" complaints of "unsolicited packages" which would breach the company's policy.

Architect Paul Bailey, from Billericay, in Essex believes he may have been targeted. Last month he received a number of unexpected "gifts", including a key-ring, a phone case, a tattoo removal kit and a charcoal toothpaste set.

"I think when the first parcel arrived it was a case of bemusement, then I checked with my wife if she'd used my account to buy something.

"When the second item arrived later that day I thought it was perplexing but amusing. Then it became quite chilling."

Mr Bailey says he cannot be sure where online sellers have obtained his data but says it has "made me lose faith in online shopping."

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom