1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look In Sony owners exp KV32FX66 users

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rookies, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    I tend to notice in very dark room like at night without any light on. On black screens you can either look on a AV channel with noting turned on for that AV channel to get the black screen is that i see a light shadow at the top of the screen like the rest of the screen is black but at the top it like someone shining a Dull tourch or somthing. Hard to explain reall.

I rang the sony helpline and they told me it appears on alot of Flat screen tvs 100hz. They say there no guarantee that it can be cure without effecting the picture size of somthing.

I am calling for kv32fx66 users or some sony users just incase it appears on other modle to look at there tv at night time in a dark room nothing else turn on int he room you know when it dark outside aswell. Is to look at your set and see if you have it.

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does it matter if you can't see it when you are using the tv normally ..............as I never sit and watch any blank black screens!:laugh:

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Well I was just saying that so you can see it. I can see it in Dark movies aswell.

4. b33k34

b33k34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed this as well but i've given up being too worried - roll on affordable plasma screens!

Have you tried turning the brightness down a bit? There are some problems with this set but most of the time it give a lovely picture so i'm prepared to forgive some flaws.

One thing that is odd on this set is that the side bars on a 4:3 picture are truly black. On the old Fx60 they were noticably grey and i was told this was intentional as it reduced (it gets hazy here) screen burn/load on the tube - something along those lines.

5. avbloke

avbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rookies i know what you mean cause i have the same....... but as ryanos said you can't see it when u r using the tv like the tv :)

6. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Nice to know i am not the only one.

I notice it on begining of films you know when the screen is many black and have like some text in the middle.

Ah well that the only fraw i have as there no buzz etc so maybe i should get use to it :)

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this also appears on my px2 rp set. I only see it in a totally dark screen with the light out. Dont worry about it. Now loads of people who thought they had a perfect tv will see this thread and be very depressed when they turn their lights out.:confused:

8. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    can you please tell me your other problems with this set as i'm about to order it?

thanks

9. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Anymore comments on this?

10. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    I found somthing else out tonight.

When I move the tv like turn it round or somthing this shadow moves but does not disapear. I move the tv to the other end of the room and it still there and when i move it about there it still there. But moves to a different area always at the top of the screen.

I then though something is effecting it but there nothing near the tv that can effect it so I moved every single thing away from the tv and it still there.

Just odd

11. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You must be HE-MAN to be able to shift this beast of a TV around your room at will.......I ain't touched it since I sorted out my viewing angle etc for the fear of slipping a disc:laugh:

12. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    :devil:

Well someone got to try different things.

So ryanos your saying you dont see what I see on dark screens

13. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'll be honest I definetley have not noticed it yet and I am not looking for it as once I see it it will bug me.....if its like you say, so i'm gonna leave it alone for now!:nono:

14. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    i also see this when i switch from av 1 to av2 etc but never notice it in normal viewing.

the only problem i have with this tv is when using the thx calibration when you get to the test where you have to change your aspect ratio to 4:3 i never get the outside line down the left hand side.

does anyone know what to do to rectify this??

regards

Tom Barr.

15. Gwyn

Gwyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tom, I had exactly the same problem but have only partially rectified it with a service menu setting that adjusts the horizontal positioning. Sorry, can't remember which one(s) exactly off-hand, because I changed quite a few trying to rectify this in various modes.

My 4:3 image was quit a bit off to the left, and I managed to get the picture more central so that there's just a little bit missing off the left and right now. The 16:9 setting is perfect - what I can't work out is how to adjust the horizontal overscanning in just 4:3 mode. :confused:

Anyone any ideas? It's only in 4:3 mode that I'm getting a bit of clipping on bothe sides....

16. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Anyway I got a engineer coming tmr evening to have a look a this set. As last night when i was watching some programs and a movie when the scene goes dark I tend to notice this white patch easy I dont look for them they do stand out on dark scenes.

Another way of explaining this they are like dull what clouds at the top of screen. It not a solide white line at the top that the engineer though I was seeing as he says a solid white line along the very top is common the way to solve that is to adjust the hight as it cause by overscan. But he think he seen the problem I am having and hoping well it not too much to get sorted. Finger cross I let you all know tmr how i get on once this sorted I be one happy chap

17. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I couldn't resist checking out the fault you described although earlier in this thread I said Iwouldn't........And guess what.....No white light at the top of my screen on any black screens at all not even on the blank av chanell selector:clap: Happy chappie:D

18. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    :laugh: at ryanos for looking for white shadows. But am glad you dont have them and are a happy chappy :D

Anyway Engineer been to look at my set this evening and have not seen this issue I have before. It not a white solid line at the top that they though it was over the phone which can be cure easy by adjusting the height of the image.

He says he never seen anything like what i have it like a white cloud along the top 1 inch wide. He had a look in services menu and there nothing that can sort this out. We there somthing was in the room effecting it but the tv that was here before not had any problem and that was a 32" tv aswell but 50hz. Then again he says if it was magnetic interfearing it would be a colour effect in which I knew.

Anyway he arranging for another tv to be order and he going to bring it out and compare them one evening next week. Then I mention to him that people say this modle is now not being made and he says that the first he heard of it. Then he goes on and say if that is the case then we could be stuck as JL could well be out of stock :eek: But we worry about that tmr when i will hear from them.

But apart from that annoying white cloud which I can notice very easy on dark scenes i love the tv good with sport great with DVDs no buzz. But I just cant put up with this effect as it is annoying.

I let you all know how I get on and this Engineer is a very very helpfull guy

TOP mark to John Lewis sheffield for arranging all this within 2 days and employ a damn fine contractor

19. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    have to go down and look for this on mine !