Look for recs on earbuds with good ANC mics

pharpe

Novice Member
I'm in the market for a pair of wireless earbuds and my primary need is an excellent mic with good noise canceling. Mic noise cancelling not speaker. In fact I'd like them to have ambient mode because I do want to hear things going on around me.

I've spent a lot of time researching this and there is very little out there focused on mic quality. There will be 2 paragraphs on sound, base response, battery life, and then a line like, "mic quality is pretty good."

What I want is something I can use for work calls that will allow me to be mobile. So how well does it block road noise if I'm in the car, background office chatter, wind noise outside, or kids playing on another room at home.

Does this device even exist and what is the cost? Is there a a runner up at half the cost? It looks like there are three tiers out there:

General Electronics Manufactures
  1. Google
  2. Samsung
  3. Apple
  4. Sony
Major Audio Brands
  1. Bose
  2. Jabra
  3. Sennheiser
Smaller names (value for the money or junk?)
  1. Mpow
  2. Anker
  3. Raycon
I have a Jabra PH002W speakerphone that has very good mic quality in a quite office environment but not suited for mobility. My MPOW single ear with boom mic works really well but I'd like something less conspicuous that doesn't go over my head.

I'd love to get some feedback across these tiers from people that put excellent microphone performance in high regard.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom