1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look at the size of that thing-2802 help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Philip Newton, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Philip Newton

Philip Newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a denon 2802. The problem is it does not fit in my rack. A relative works for a furniture company and she can get me some nice stuff. The problem is that denon say that there should be 10cms ventilation space above and behind the amp. Is this VERY important or is it just denon being careful. If so is there another size that I can suggest to her to see if she can find someting. I don't want to bust my amp by overheating it.

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    some multi channel amps can get VERY hot so this breathing space is vital IMO.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Denon amps do run hot so 10cm should be the minimum space all round, the more the better, if possible.

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've got about 40mm either side and 15mm above my 2802 but the front and back are clear allowing some through ventilation.

I've not had any problems at all.

When I saw the topic heading I thought this was goung to refer to the remote....its massive!