Look At Me DVD Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Well, despite its perhaps commendable determination to bring something a little different to the screen, I found Look At Me a terminally dull movie that plodded about without offering any joy along the way. I’m not saying that I wanted singing and dancing and some good old guffaws – far from it. I’d heard a lot about this film and I recognise the pedigree of the creative team behind it – Jaoui and Bacri have received critical plaudits for a while now with On Connait La Chanson (1997) and Gout Des Autres (2001) – but, for me at least, the whole thing spent a lot of time muddling about in the mire of relationships, foundered and then sank. I cared little for anyone and less about the outcome. Neither funny, clever or heartwarming and offering very little to muse upon.

Pathe’s disc has average stamped all over it. A weighty, but soulless, Making Of and an insipid gallery. Even the transfer seems to have lost its heart. Drab and underwhelming. It will have its fans, though. Sadly, I’m not one of them.
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom