Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Longitude

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by The Taskmaster, May 13, 2001.

1. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recieved this on R2 a few days ago. I have to say I'm appalled at the treatment this film has been given. Non-anamorphic, no features and only basic surround - not even DPL. The bit rate seldom rises above 5mbs and is often below it. In viewing the picture is barely better than VHS, although it is more stable. I was really looking forward to this on DVD as I was totally captivated by this production when it was broadcast. I think it looked better on Sky Digital than on this DVD. If you haven't seen this film, you really must. In almost any other production Jeremy Irons' performance would have stood out, but Michael Gambon gives a masterclass in acting. Hopefully, we'll get a DVD of this treated with more respect, but until then this will have to do. See this film (just don't expect much of the picture).