1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longest you've waited ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Kevin Gilmour, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys

Until now I've always been lucky with R1 discs arriving in good time from Digital Eyes in the States.

However, I've now been waiting about 3 weeks for T2:UE. DE have double checked to make sure it was actually shipped.

What's the longest you've had to wait ?

Should I just cut my losses and order another copy or hold out for a while longer ?

Kev

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using DVD Box Office for about 18 months now. Used to get a disc in about 5/7 days then. Seems to take 2/3 weeks now. Don't know if it's their popularity, or the fact that delivery is free now!?

---------------------------------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have waited 4-5 weeks for a disc to arrive and to be quite honest it dosn't bother me one bit!

This is because after years of buying Laser Discs at around 3-5 times the price of an average DVD and having to wait sometimes MONTHS for the things to arrive (if ever at all if the studio ran out of copies and decided not to press any more!!) I find having to wait a few weeks for a DVD to arrive quite acceptable!

------------------
    " Sunset's are beautiful, new born babies are beautiful, this....this is fuc*ing spectacular!"

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Jason. In fact I find it rather tiresome when many people go on and on about either how they got a film days before its official release or whinge about a two week delivery time.

It really doesn't matter, does it?

Home Cinema (for me, anyway) is all about watching, enjoying and sometimes even learning about movies and television shows.

5. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I ordered Spinal Tap from Box Office. I got an email from them 2 Fridays ago saying it had been despatched and I received it the following Friday. 7 days - the shortest ever from Box Office.

------------------
    You tried and failed miserably. the lesson is - Never Try. Here endeth the lesson.

6. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies

PeteH - How on earth can a simple question like mine be "tiresome" ?

Previously I have only waited one week at the most for a DVD delivery from the states. Ok, so I may have been lucky but I needed to ask the question to find out.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate, it's nothing personal and no offense intended. I just feel that as long as you get the film you want it doesn't matter when you get it.

My post was really aimed at the sort of people who crow about getting stuff early then complain when the same supplier fails to do the same again for another disc.

Of course, if the supplier is dragging its feet, not responding to e-mails etc, then that's a different matter.

Hope you get hold of T2:UE soon, it's worth the wait.

Cheers,

Pete

8. Kevin Gilmour

Kevin Gilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pete

No offence taken - just me being over sensitive !

There's a bit more behind my original email.

I'll be in the States next week and I just know I'll see the damn disc on the shelves !!!

Kev

[This message has been edited by Kevin Gilmour (edited 26-09-2000).]

9. Duncan

Duncan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate waiting as one of the big plus points about R1 is getting films so soon after they hit the cinemas.

With many R2 sites now charging real loooow prices, and DTS soundtracks on the way- this may make me reconsider my R1 buying if I dont get the films considerably cheaper and earlier than the R2 release.

10. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Australia and buy some R2 discs (Farscape box set) and have only waited 3/4 days from release date so far delievery.