1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

longest tos link available

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by gil2, May 4, 2005.

1. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it all seemed so easy at the start , buy an amp some speakers and jobs a goodun :thumbsup:

nah , my enthusiasm got in the way of practicalities , so now i`m trying to sort out the back bone first before i purchase speakers .........cabling

that seemed easy , hahah , again , not a chance , flat , round , thick , thin , lengths available ........i know this much its turning out to be an interesting project , sorry i`m wandering off the track here

ok , so my sky+ box and telly and 2xdvd`s are approx 5 mtrs away from where my amp is going to go , i need to connect at least my sky+ box and 1 x dvd to the amp via tos , what is the longest length available , can they be made to suite , do i buy 2 and join , can i make my own , i`d prefer to just buy a 5mtr length rather than make tbh

there is no osd with the amp so going back from there to the telly isnt necessary , just need to get audio from under telly kit to amp ( yam rxv450 )

advice please guys

2. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've seen TOSLINK upto 100ft in length, just google for it :)

MB

3. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers m8 , didnt have time for research this morning before i went to work and as i`m new to this stuff i didnt know , done a search and found em at nice prices , which is pleasing

whats the deal with cat 5 , seen alot of peeps r using it here on the forum , is a single run of cat 5 able to support 2 x speakers from the same cable , whats the min number of strands needed to run a speaker with cat 5