Longer power lead for PWD8

UKseless1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Panny PWD8 panel that was supplied with a power supply cable that is approx 2 metres long. I need to find a replacement cable that is 3 metres long.

Can anyone tell me where I might find (buy) a replacement power supply cable that is 3m long? :lease:

I've taken a look at the sticky for DIY cables but I can't make head or tail of anything being discussed there. I have no idea if a straight forward 3 metre lead and kettle style plug would do the job or if I need something that is shielded. I'm not looking to improve on the specification of the cable that was supplied, I just want to replace it with a similar one that is longer.

I will be burying it in the wall as the screen is wall mounted.

Thanks in advance

Phil

The kettle style plug you refer to is a IEC connector, one of those, a good plug and 3 meters of good quality cable is all you need and then just stick em all together.

Thanks Taffyboyo, was concerned that I should be buying something which is meant specifically for Plasma screens but at the same time I don't want to be told that I have to spend ridiculous money on a power lead.

Hello both

Hold fire - taffyboyo is new to this game :) A word of caution is required!

Don't go burying a replacement 13amp to IEC cable in your wall without testing it first with your Display - Panasonic use a slightly odd IEC receptacle and there are 'lots' of IEC(F)plugs that fit badly or simply fall out of the Panasonic Displays.

I've not had a PWD8 through as yet so haven't seen if they have changed anything on the mains input but you also have to watch out for odd protrusions on the plug as the socket is recessed.

Best regards

Joe

hmmmm....ok so back to square one - need a 3 metre long lead and would gratefully accept pointers on where I might be able to purchase one.

UKseless1

Send MAW or Liam a PM - they may already be installing PWD8 and will no doubt have had to put longer cables on one or two already.

It might be an idea for Taffyboyo to send you one of his nice 'grey coloured ' IEC Plugs to test - then he'll know if he has a problem or not :)

Joe

I've also gone back to the folks who supplied me with the screen as well. Probably should have started there. Thanks for the advice Joe if I don't get an answer I'll ask MAW or Liam.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom