1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longer Cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Rasczak, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    I am thinking of purchasing a new larger TV but, given the limitations of my room, means I will have to move all the other gear (VCR/DVD etc) to one side which would require a 5m cable run between them and the TV. Clearly I'm worried this will significantly reduce the quality of the image - does anyone have long cable runs and able to offer advice? In particular what make of cable do you use?

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am using a 10 Meter stretch of component, composite and S-VHS cables, with no problems. These are Van Damme.
    If you are looking at a scart lead then you should have no problems as long it is a very good quality one with plenty of shielding. Not sure who make these though. (QED might) If the signals will only be going one way it ill be worth getting a omni directional cable and not a bidirectional one, which most are. I.e. only one set of pins is wired up. This is to avoid cross talk.