long XLR to headphone cable search...

nickholl

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,

ive a couple of monitors in my living room which I play music to via a headphone jack. Annoyingly the XLR cable I have connected to them doesn't quite extend far enough to get each speaker where I want them.

Ive found this cable but its split is only 20cm which I don't understand at all as why would you want your speakers so close! Rean Neutrik TRS 3.5mm Mini Jack to 2 x Male XLR Cable Lead - PRO 1m/3m/5m/10m (5m): Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

Would anybody know where I can find an XLR cable that will split at least a good 5m?

thanks for any help!
Nick

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What headphones?

sorry, I didn't explain properly. I have the monitors hooked up to an apple airport express via its headphone socket, which I then stream to via my phone/computer. I guess I could buy a couple of XLR extenders, but Id rather just do it with 1 cable.

thanks
N

Posts crossed. Your other alternative would be a headphone amp with or with XLRs and RCA into the amp from the apple thing (I've no idea about stuff like that, strictly an old analogue fart). Could be a better performance than the monitors and less hassle.

unfortunately a splitter like that wouldn't work as the 2 XLR plugs wouldn't be able to split far enough :(. My speakers are about 5 meters apart from each other

VDC trading can make you a custom cable or simply buy some XLR male to female cables of a suitable length to extend the split.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom