Long time PS3 owner, bought an XBox 360

jtotheb

Established Member
Reaction score
Been a long time PS3 owner (since launch) and looking for recommendations for my first game on an Xbox (which I bought with Kinect for the kids for Xmas - honest!)

What would you recommend as my first game on the console?

I'll play virtually anything and have played most of the big cross-platform titles so looking for Xbox exclusives really.

Thanks!

Gears Of War series would be a good start. Then the Halo titles. Couldn't go wrong with them.

Kinect must haves:

Kinect Sport 1
Dance Central / Just dance
Rise of Nightmares ( if you are into horror, currently 12,99 @Game/Amazon )
Kinectimals
Fruit Ninja Kinect

game listing/reviews -> http://123kinect.com/review/

XBox exclusives:

Forza 4 ( kinect compatible )
Gears 1 - 3

Gears Of War series would be a good start.

Youve got to try Alan Wake, criminally underrated game

You know these would have been my two recommendations aswell. GoW if you fancy multiplayer, Alan Wake I thought was pretty superb as an atmospheric single player game(although many seemed to hate it so it isn't for everyone, I loved it!).

Grab yourself Super Meat Boy on XBLA while you're at it ;)

Welcome to the future.. A big suggestion from me would be Just Cause 2 - Pretty decent, open world game.

Forza 4

Skyrim
COD series
Mass Effect
Deus Ex
Batman Arkham Asylum
Gears of War
Halo series
Fallout

The list goes on lol :D

xbox only games,gow and alan wake,multiplatform games,battlefield 3 online.

In addition to Alan Wake and obviously GOW I would suggest Left for Dead 2

Mass Effect & it's even better sequel Mass Effect 2. Sci-fi RPG masterpieces :)

I know a lot of people didn't enjoy it as it wasn't a true splinter cell but SC conviction I enjoyed and also the other games mentioned previously.

PGR 3&4, Viva Pinata, Crackdown 1&2, Beautiful Katamari, Fable 2&3.....

Thanks for all the recommendations. Have got hold of GOW 1 and 2 to start with!

You'll love them!

Don't try the mp side of gow2 because its been out for atleast 3 years so only the pros play it. The campaign is still great in gow2 though :)

PGR 3&4, Viva Pinata, Crackdown 1&2, Beautiful Katamari, Fable 2&3.....

Agree with these plus the Gears & Left 4 Dead games.

Forza 4 will show GT5 how online features should be done (although the SP campaign is a bit dull)

Halo Reach is a decent game, although the franchise in general is over-rated in my opinion. I don't think you need to play the earlier games as its a prequel - but you'll probably miss the "blink and you'll miss it" easter egg at the end even if you know what you're looking for.

Mass Effect 1 would be another contender for me.

You'll probably find out just how under-estimated cross game chat is too. You can play single player games like Skyrim is a party chat and just have a banter, learn what areas other people are discovering and just share experiences. Absolutely criminal the PS3 is incapable of it.

Also did the same, being a ps3 owner and bought the 360 for Kinect. My first purchases were Alan Wake, PGR4, Dance Central 2 and the Kinect Sports. I'm not an FPS fan at all and never liked Gears/Battlefield/Boring warfare :).

If it is your first game i would recommend getting Gears Of War or halo, but for your kids i would get Kinect Sports and skylanders.

gear of war was a great game, I couldn't get on with Gears 2 though. I have gears 3 and played it for 10minutes, I will be playing it co op at a later date.

I have skyrim on both and find its just better on PS3 though, as is BF3.

Awesome recommendations there - thanks!

Have added a second hand copy of Mass Effect 2 (bargain for a fiver!) to my games to play pile. Might see if I can find a cheap copy of Alan Wake. Looks like my sort of game.

My kids are enjoying the Kinect games. They got the Sesame Street game for Chistmas.

I must admit though that I prefer the PS3 controller than the Xbox one although that may be just my greater experience of the DS3.

Really? The thing i love most about the xbox is the superb controller. I find the ps controller is far too light and the thumbsticks are too close together with a massive dead zone. My thumbs almost, and sometimes do, touch together when playing. Not that I have one anymore, i had one on loan for six months.

ozzzy189 said:
Really? The thing i love most about the xbox is the superb controller. I find the ps controller is far too light and the thumbsticks are too close together with a massive dead zone. My thumbs almost, and sometimes do, touch together when playing. Not that I have one anymore, i had one on loan for six months.

Font forget the awful shoulder buttons, l2 and r2 :facepalm: :devil:

I personally dont find anything wrong with the PS3 pads. Of course its down to preference but for me there just as good as the 360 pad.

As for exclusives you definitely need gears 1&2, forza4, fable 2, Alan wake and left for dead 2. I wouldnt bother with the halo games. I find them well overrated and average fps games at best.

Xbla has some great games as well. Trials HD, sensi soccer, super meatboy to name a few.
Xbox live party chat is great as well. I use it all the time and its great for mariokart 3DS sessions with a couple of my mates.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom