Long throw, vertical lens shift around £500 ?

Wonderland

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone know of a projector that can do 1080p, have a throw around 2.4 and has vertical lens shift for around £500 ?

The Benq 1070's of this world seem to be short or "normal" throw. Am looking for a new projector and can't mount on the ceiling nearer the screen, or get a bigger screen ( long story ).

Many thanks in advance !

I seems to remember that LG had a projector which could be vertically mounted although I cannot recall if it was a 1008p or a 720p projector. There could be a second hand model out there.

As for a new unit, Steve's correct.

We once did a project for someone who required a projector to be mounted vertically and this ended up being tougher that we thought. You see the air flow from a standard projector will not dissipate the hot air generated by itself thus cooking the projector over a pro-longed usage.

Epson had the model perfect for the job, but i'm sure it was more than fours times you budget.

Regards, Shane.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure why we've gone onto vertical mounting ? All I meant was mounting it normally on a shelf and having a bit of lens movement downwards :)

Is it the long throw part of the spec that forces the price up ?

Miss read vertical lens shift ad vertical lens. It wasn't on the same line. Doh!

I feel I need a holiday...

Long throw projectors are quite rare or very expensive as they become a lens upgrade option.

The biggest throw that I currently know of on the cinema 2.1 x so I feel you'll need to have a re-think on the throw.

Regards, Shane.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom