Long Texts

danhann9

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s on orange sometimes when I send a text over a page long it comes up with the little exclamation mark next to the message saying it's failed to send however I always have full signal and the person I'm sending the message to says they get little bits of the message but never the message as a whole. Is this to do with the phone or the provider? It's pretty much fine on short text messages.

What phone do they have? Not had that happen to me since the days of the Nokia 3210 on GSM network!

I am also facing same type of problems.My phone Nokia 5130.

Is this to do with the phone or the provider? It's pretty much fine on short text messages.

might be provider as I'm with T-Mobile (and was with o2 until Nov '11) and I have never had a problem sending long texts (300-500 character range) since the days of the iPhone 2G

Yes, I suspect it's the recipients handset and/or the service limitations of their SIM. When texts were relatively expensive people rarely sent anything above the 160 character/space limit. From what I remember from my Moto V3 days long texts used to arrive in bits and pieces. I believe long texts still go in blocks of 160 characters but that modern handsets stitch texts togther so they appear seamless.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. The other person is using a Blackberry so I'll have to see what their SIM is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom