1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long shot but looking for a good 21" monitor.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr.D, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Here's the deal.
    I need a really good 21" monitor. (good dot pitch good refresh at high resolutions good colour rendition good blacks)

I also need to be able to get access to the RGB cut-off and drive adjustments.
    Ideally I also need to be able to calibrate three colour temp aims (5400K 6500K 9600K) and store them. User friendly gamma controls would be good too.

This sort of thing normally goes for around 6grand. Anyone know of anything nearer the 1000quid mark?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr D,

6 grand for a monitor!! Is this CRT or LCD? There are plenty of top rate CRT monitors around for around a grand. PC Pro have some excellent reviews of what's good and what's not: www.pcpro.co.uk
    Check out these online supplies for good prices: www.novatech.co.uk www.simply.co.uk www.dabs.com

Hope this is of some use,
    Simon
    www.si-tec.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Barco Man (edited 02-11-2000).]

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mr.D

I recently bought Sony GDM-FW900 Wide screen Multiscan monitor.

AWESOME. [​IMG]

It cost just shy of £1,400, but the quality is amazing and considering that it actually is as good as having desktop space larger than most common dual monitor configuration the price may appear more attractive.

You will need a video card capable of custom resolutions, e.g. Matrox G400/G450 or nVidia GeForce.

[This message has been edited by Branxx (edited 17-11-2000).]