Long lightning cable

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a long lightning cable. Probably 3m. Does anybody use one that they could recommend. Looking on Amazon , reviews are mixed.

Would also consider wireless charger if it uses usb-c as I have plenty of those. Not worried about speed as it’s for charging at night.

Thanks

I got this for the other half who has a tendency to twist and snap cables and it works fine. Only 2m though.
UNBREAKcable Lightning iPhone Charger Cable - [Apple MFi Certified] 6.6ft/2m Nylon Braided Apple Charger Lead USB Fast Charging Cable for iPhone Xs Max X XR 8 7 6s 6 Plus SE 5 5s 5c, iPad, iPod Amazon product ASIN B07D6MYX2F
Had no issues with Amazon basics ones either.

Personally I would only ever use Apple ones, after reading stories online of aftermarket ones setting on fire over night etc! Yes I know it’s very rare but I’d rather spend an extra £5-10 on official cables/chargers.

Personally I would only ever use Apple ones, after reading stories online of aftermarket ones setting on fire over night etc! Yes I know it’s very rare but I’d rather spend an extra £5-10 on official cables/chargers.
Used various 3rd party ones with no issues, think if you stick to ones with decent reviews or from reputable sellers and cables that have the Made for iPhone certification you will generally be ok. There is a MFI certification database online somewhere that you can check if you want to be certain the cable actually is genuinely certified and not just a logo on the box.

That said i've had cables that were a couple of quid for emergency use and never had an issue.

Used various 3rd party ones with no issues, think if you stick to ones with decent reviews or from reputable sellers and cables that have the Made for iPhone certification you will generally be ok. There is a MFI certification database online somewhere that you can check if you want to be certain the cable actually is genuinely certified and not just a logo on the box.

That said i've had cables that were a couple of quid for emergency use and never had an issue.
Fair comment :thumbsup:

Thanks, ended up buying a Juicy xxl 3m cable from Tesco. After years with Android and cheap USB-C cables , forgot how expensive it is for iPhone leads. But all sorted now

Thanks, ended up buying a Juicy xxl 3m cable from Tesco. After years with Android and cheap USB-C cables , forgot how expensive it is for iPhone leads. But all sorted now

I wouldn’t call under £8 expensive for a well made cable (Android or iPhone). I mean, you likely paid around 100x that for the phone you’re going to charge with it.

I got this for the other half who has a tendency to twist and snap cables and it works fine. Only 2m though.
UNBREAKcable Lightning iPhone Charger Cable - [Apple MFi Certified] 6.6ft/2m Nylon Braided Apple Charger Lead USB Fast Charging Cable for iPhone Xs Max X XR 8 7 6s 6 Plus SE 5 5s 5c, iPad, iPod Amazon product ASIN B07D6MYX2F
Had no issues with Amazon basics ones either.
I have a couple of Amazon basics in 3m which have been fine. Being Amazon I expect them to be of a decent quality backed up with a proper warranty for cheap. Otherwise I’d suggest anker for cables but not sure if they do a 3m one

Not had any problems with the Anker ones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom