long interconnection pre amp to power amp

mr magnolia

Standard Member
I am pondering adding power amp (audiolab 8300xp) to my audiolab 6000A, but for the next little while - say about 3 yrs maybe :) - I would need to house the power amp a distance away from the other units. Distance would be approx 4m from amp to power amp.

I already have in use unnecessarily long 5m long speaker cables from previous other dwelling set up from 15yrs ago; so no change to those cables needed.

in the current set up, my only shelf space where pre amp could logically and visually acceptably go is 150mm between non adjustable surfaces and 8300xp is 149mm high so that's not clever.

would 4m long RCA interconnects and trigger cables between amp and pre amp make a noticeable sonic difference?

thanks
Donald

3rdignis

I use 2m xlr, 25cm speaker cables and monoblocks.

8300xp/mb have xlr and rca.

Cable losses are the thin end of the wedge.

Upvote 0

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
I think my cables are about 3m between pre and power and I asked the same question when setting mine up. The replies on here at the time were good enough to stop me worrying and I can't say I've noticed any difference since setting it up that way.

Upvote 0

mr magnolia

Standard Member
thanks guys. I've failed to get domestic approval for my plan in any event so will have to go for something with a smaller bulk, but its good to know for the future plans!

Donald

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom