Long Films

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how most of you cope with long films, i've just been looking on amazon at the original "i spit on your grave" (1978 version) and it's 200 minutes which is three hours and twenty minutes long, i would like to order the film and watch it but i don't think i can sit their for that length of time.

Think 200 mins must be the length of the film and the extras combined. Or is it the double pack with the remake possibly? IMDb has the film itself being just 101 mins. As for long films, between job and wife and daughter and cat and Xbox, it's all about multiple sittings! Not ideal but it's the only way to squeeze it all in [emoji22]

Have you watched LOTR Return of the king? That was 200 mins.
Didn't really bother me as it held my interest throughout (except maybe the last 10 mins where nothing really happens).

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I haven't seen LOTR i generally like to avoid long films.

Why if it's good?

Don't have issues with longer movies as long as they're interesting and holding my attention.

It's more a problem that they stretch a short movie out to pad it, particularly with movies that are serialised so they take one script and turn it into 2 borefests.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: 200 minutes is for two films,

When I watched LOTR I decided to wait until all 3 were out in the extended editions.

We then watched them over three consecutive nights, breaking for our evening meal at the disc changeover point.

In general, I think a film should be as long as it is good. I've seen plenty of long films which flew by, and some short films which were so poor they felt like 3 hour epics.

Steve W

As long as a film is good, length is irrelevant. Finding the time, however, to watch in one sitting is getting increasingly difficult. In the last year or so I've gotten very good at multiple sittings for the same film - something I would never have even considered before children came along. But staying up late isn't an option due to work and weekends are busy with activities. Luckily my son is getting old enough to enjoy films, so maybe I'll be able to watch a long family film in its entirety soon...

I generally watch short movies or TV episodes on work days. I tend to leave longer movies to my off days/evenings as I'm not looking at the clock.

When I watched LOTR I decided to wait until all 3 were out in the extended editions.

We then watched them over three consecutive nights, breaking for our evening meal at the disc changeover point.

In general, I think a film should be as long as it is good. I've seen plenty of long films which flew by, and some short films which were so poor they felt like 3 hour epics.

Steve W

When the original cut was at the cinema i missed the ending of Return Of The King as i was that desperate for the toilet. I thought it had finished then there was another bit, then another. Had to leg it out, take the longest ever wee, leg it back in only to see the credits coming on the screen. Having never read the books my mates thought it would be hysterical to not tell me how it ends.

When the original cut was at the cinema i missed the ending of Return Of The King as i was that desperate for the toilet. I thought it had finished then there was another bit, then another. Had to leg it out, take the longest ever wee, leg it back in only to see the credits coming on the screen. Having never read the books my mates thought it would be hysterical to not tell me how it ends.

I recall needing a wee halfway through Waterworld years ago, loved the movie but it was the most painful pee hold in of all time....all that water and water sounds..

In the old days they use to have breaks during long films, generally epics like Ben Hur, Lawrence of Arabia although they use to sell Albatross in the intermission.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom