Question Long distance video drone 2020 which to get?

McCole

Novice Member
I never had a drone. But I want one now. I would use it mainly for two porposes.
1) Taking video of people, either I am there or not, when hiking in the mountains.
2) Recording cool stuf for music videos. I am a compposer / producer

I have seen in TV drones that follow you, come home before tehy run uoutta power, some you can put in your pocet and control with a phone, some can carry a payload.
I would like to have separate control system, not phone and the thing should be able to operate a long period of time. It would be a plus if it could carry some payload, but the video is the main thing and that it´s kinda "clever"... since I live at the base of a high vulcanic mountain, and if it drops somewhere there there may be no access to get it back. How high altitudes these thigs work? I´d like to go to 5km high, but that is prob not easy? Dunno anything about this. Was looking for a "newbie" -section but did not find.

At this time the size and the price don´t matter, I'd like to see my options first. Instead of googling all possible drones, I joined here' cause I have some other things concerning audio, too.

Just tell me where to start.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom