Long delay before Sky can do repair?

Surfer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to have to wait two weeks for Sky to do a repair especially as the repair a week previous failed?
They replaced a Samsung box with a Thomson box which only lasted a week. Cannot believe that we have already had 4 faulty boxes in less than a year. Getting concerned now that when the warranty expires we will continue to have problems.
Is this a ploy by Sky to get you to sign up to thier extended warranty?

I called up to get the father in laws box replaced and they came in 2 days, guess its all down to how busy the installers in your area are. Try calling and say your going to cancel, this may speed things up.

Except that you may get the customer service rep that's accepting cancellations (see the Sky+ sub-forum). :facepalm:

True, but you just make an excuse and hang up before you complete the request.

Yes had the same problem engineer couldn't turn up because of the weather,then rearranged for 2 weeks later not impressed..........

i dont understand why it took them 4 weeks to install my skyhd the engineer literally lives on the corner of my street!!!! i can see his van from my window lmao

i dont understand why it took them 4 weeks to install my skyhd the engineer literally lives on the corner of my street!!!! i can see his van from my window lmao

If I had an installer that close, I'd be having a quiet word with him...

(Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more. ;))

Ha ha, you accepted a "refurbished" Thomson box, despite all the discussions about it, here?
At the time I had no choice as I was told that is all he had on his vehicle and if I wanted another box I would need to wait two weeks. It was a case of accepting the Thomson or waiting another 2 weeks for them to call around. This time I have stressed that I do not want a Thomson box and have made sure that they have the message as I phoned back later and queried it and there was a note.
I have an old Sky Digibox which I am using but I cannot operate it with the remote which is a version 6 the normal black old style Sky remote. I know for sure that the box is not faulty. I have the box linked in with a scart lead and using one of the feeds from the quad LNB into the box. I am beginning to suspect that it is this feed that is preventing me from using the remote as I cannot fathom out any other reason as the remote can operate the TV.

Over Xmas I tried to arrange an engineer visit for a faulty Sky+HD box - was told the first date available was 2 weeks later, in January. Accepted as didnt really have a choice.

Next day I phoned again, just to change the visit from AM to PM and hey-presto they had loads of dates available only 2 days later. Go figure... that's Sky CS for you... :facepalm:

Phone your local independent!

Customer phoned over xmas as Sky had told him ten days wait; went along strapped a ladder in because of the ice and poured warm water over the dish and then coated it in anti-freeze. Signal back on for the customer ten days sooner and £35 cheaper than Sky.

Another customer phoned a few months back complaining that Sky had charged his elderly mother £65 and switched for a refurb box even though it had only been put in a few months earlier, but that the Sky still wasn't working.
I diagnosed the problem fairly easy; the F connector was still attached to the box, the cable however wasn't.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom