Long Covid - Anybody Aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anther two weeks with no tests ordered and nobody telling me what the plan is going forward, I'm not sure if it is worth keeping this threrad open anymore, it takes me so long to post any updates and there have hardly been many positives.

Am I allowed to request it be closed?

Anther two weeks with no tests ordered and nobody telling me what the plan is going forward, I'm not sure if it is worth keeping this threrad open anymore, it takes me so long to post any updates and there have hardly been many positives.

Sorry to hear of your poor experience with the clinic, sounds like you’re not the only one :(

Long Covid appointment over and a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia along with the ongoing long covid effects, not great news but we go on, new bloods ordered, scans ordered and my Dr being told off for not doing things he thought were obvious.

So bloody tired of being tired :(

And hopefully there are some treatments which will help on the horizon 🤞

Last edited:
I spoke to my gp a few weeks ago, on the phone obs

Said to her im not sure if i had covid when all my issuses started in oct 19 at the time i had:

Raging flu symptoms
40 temp
Bad coughturned into sore throat for 8 weeks

This turned into sinusitis
Glue ear for 2 months

Symptoms i later developmened

Ringing earsbad sinus
Loss of smell
Muscle ache
Frozen shoulder
Post nasal drip
Muscle weakness
Shortness of breath like i cant yawn- reason i called

Dr totall dismissed it over the phone, saw no issue with me having a bit of wierd breathing because i didnt get out of breath going up stairs.

Her advice wait two weeks then ring again.

What i want to call her would get sensored on her 😡

Useless

Said to her im not sure if i had covid when all my issuses started in oct 19 at the time i had:

Raging flu symptoms
40 temp

Glue ear for 2 months

Ringing earsbad sinus
Loss of smell
Muscle ache
Frozen shoulder
Post nasal drip
Muscle weakness

Dr totall dismissed it over the phone, saw no issue with me having a bit of wierd breathing because i didnt get out of breath going up stairs.

Useless
Seems to be par for the course.
I had suspected covid in March '20. Major long term effect: breathing problems and fatigue.
After over 16 months of being ignored, GP practice finally goes we don't really know what is going on, we'll do a referral to respiratory dept at the hospital. I'm in Scotland which has no Long Covid clinics at all.

Respiratory dept says they are very, very busy and put me on a waiting list for the waiting list. If GP practice had done what they should have done and referred me much earlier I might now be on the actual waiting list or even have (had) an appointment. Given my age (>70) I get the feeling the NHS is just waiting for me to die to resolve the issue for them.

It's your thread, so if you wish it closed it's your choice and I'll close it. However it's a useful thread and others have symptoms too, so I would advise we leave it open, unless you ask otherwise.

It's your thread, so if you wish it closed it's your choice and I'll close it. However it's a useful thread and others have symptoms too, so I would advise we leave it open, unless you ask otherwise.
I think maybe I was being hasty and a wee bit selfish, I can see others have found it useful so leaving it open makes more sense than closing, thanks though.

If closed we'd just have to open another so perhaps best to keep this one going...

Raging flu symptoms
40 temp

Glue ear for 2 months

Ringing earsbad sinus
Loss of smell
Muscle ache
Frozen shoulder
Post nasal drip
Muscle weakness

Useless
The obvious thing to do would be to try and register with another GP. Where I live (in London) there's a fair choice, although I appreciate if you live in the sticks you might be far more restricted for choice. But for a lot of patients the NHS GP service is generally dying in front of our eyes.

Alternatively see a private GP for a not exorbitant fee and have a better chance of being treated promptly, as opposed to being continually fobbed off by an NHS GP.

A German professor has published the following, Prof. Uwe Gerd Liebert.

A number of studies have shown that around 40 percent of people who have been completely vaccinated after six months no longer have demonstrable adequate vaccination protection through virus-neutralizing antibodies.

I had the twelve month blood drawn last week so the trial will deliver evidence if Novavax fades away in a year.
I would be very surprised if any trials we different.

That's how the immune system works. The antibodies fade away unless you are being continuously challenged with new infections. But your body remembers how to make them so can mount a robust response quickly the next time you encounter the virus.

A German professor has published the following, Prof. Uwe Gerd Liebert.

A number of studies have shown that around 40 percent of people who have been completely vaccinated after six months no longer have demonstrable adequate vaccination protection through virus-neutralizing antibodies.

Might be of interest…

Last edited:
Just when I think it cannot get worse, a normal day for me is being knackered and in pain generally and I've somewhat adapted to it, I know walking to the binstore or local shop will cost me the day and raise my heart rate potentially to 140ish.

Today I have had a killer headache like never before but have been putting off taking down the rubbish to the binstore due to the gneral pains and groaning limbs.

Halfway down I feel worse belive it or not but carry on and coming up I feel very lightheaded and start having some visual issues, I get back into my flat and check out my heart rate which has shot up to over 170.......it's never been this high and freaked me out quite a bit.

New appointment with Long Covid clinic booked in for Tuesday via video link.

That is that, after offering me no support and constantly badgering me to return to work I have now been dismissed effective immediately for medical incapability, despite expecting it this is still a blow as at one of the meetings the prospect of a sabbatical was dangled in front of me. :(

I've lost my health and the best job I have ever had, this has been a really crappy eigtheen months :mad:

They will have quotas and to hell with the people they are supposed to help.

I have finally tested positive for coronavirus, somehow it has not made me happy :(

I have not smelt or tested anything now for 3 months.
We have boxes of kits in house / works in schools so I have never been positive.
Could the jabs be responsible for my smell loss as it states that this is a indicator of covid.?
And the jabs give a small dose of the virus.

I have not smelt or tested anything now for 3 months.
We have boxes of kits in house / works in schools so I have never been positive.
Could the jabs be responsible for my smell loss as it states that this is a indicator of covid.?
And the jabs give a small dose of the virus.

The vaccines don’t give a small dose of the virus so it’s not that.
Don’t forget also that LFTs are primarily for detecting asymptomatic covid, for detecting symptomatic covid there is only a very short window. If you’ve had issues with taste or smell you should have got a PCR test when the symptoms first started.

The vaccines don’t give a small dose of the virus so it’s not that.
Don’t forget also that LFTs are primarily for detecting asymptomatic covid, for detecting symptomatic covid there is only a very short window. If you’ve had issues with taste or smell you should have got a PCR test when the symptoms first started.
I see, still strange why I still have lost sense of smell and taste.
I can't even smell paint thinners or vinegar.
Strong curry's only work by the burning sensation.
Seems a coincidence that covids about and its symptoms are the same.

I see, still strange why I still have lost sense of smell and taste.
I can't even smell paint thinners or vinegar.
Strong curry's only work by the burning sensation.
Seems a coincidence that covids about and its symptoms are the same.

I‘m not disputing that it probably is covid, I was just pointing out that LFTs are unlikely to detect it and you should have taken a PCR when these issues first started. You could get one now I suppose, but I don’t know if it’ll detect it this late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom