Long Covid - Anybody Aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear but good that you are making progress, it is only since having this bloody thing that I have realised just how much I took being able to have a walk as a right, that my health was almost a given, I've never felt so humbled by my own body letting me down :(
I can definitely relate to that brother!

There was a short segment on the news earlier talking about the potential burden of long covid in the future to individuals, business' and healthcare. It's really still not being taken seriously enough, despite the clear increase in acknowledgement.

Some people are unable to work because they've got brain fog and forget what they're actually meant to be doing in their job. Some are so fatigued they can barely get out of bed. And some have far worse conditions; like damage to lungs and trouble with basic functions.

Pretty scary stuff seeing as it doesn't discriminate either. Perhaps if this was promoted more, people would be more inclined to have the vaccine.

There can be permanent damage to the heart as well. :confused:

Having suffered from Long Covid for the last few months, I have done some "research" on it.
There are loads of videos on YouTube, and it is some pretty upsetting stuff.
Personally, I have been ruined by this.
A few months ago I was running 2-3 times a week and strength training 2-3 time a week and working the skipping rope. Now I get out of breath walking upstairs!
I've had to build up to being able to walk the dog for half hour at a time and I still suffer fatigue and muscular aches for no reason and what they call "brain fog" which is just as upsetting to me as what has happened to my health and fitness.
I'm still hopeful that I will be able to get back the strength and fitness at some point.

In my research, I came across a video about the chief pathologist at John Hopkins hospital in New York. She had reported findings that in people who had died of Covid, she was finding damage in ALL the internal organs of the body including the brain.

I'm no conspiracy nut but apparently not long after this, the chief pathologist (who seemed relatively young and healthy) died of a heart attack...

Sadly front line staff are at risk and handling organs etc. made her front line.

Not sure what the hell is going on but my ankle is absolute agony at the moment, its my left ankle which has been broken twice in the past and the pain is very much like tat, I've had to take tramadol to try and take he edge off.

Not sure what the hell is going on but my ankle is absolute agony at the moment, its my left ankle which has been broken twice in the past and the pain is very much like tat, I've had to take tramadol to try and take he edge off.
Unfortunately it seems it's Long Covid Foot Week.
My feet are puffed up and swollen and the nasty pain in the toe joints is only now starting to improve after 5 days when I couldn't walk on the foot at all. Coincidentally (or not) after I had covid in March I had gout like pain for 2 following months in my feet even though appearance wise it wasn't gout.
I think Long Covid Foot Week is a "you think it's all over" reminder from our favourite virus that it isn't....:eek:

So I've got COVID again (tested positive) but I'm really hoping that i don't get hit by the long COVID again.
It was totally horrendous last time, one of the worst illnesses I've ever had. Took months and it was horrendous and I've still not recovered from it.

And there is me complaining about side effects of the flu vaccine.

So I've got COVID again (tested positive) but I'm really hoping that i don't get hit by the long COVID again.
It was totally horrendous last time, one of the worst illnesses I've ever had. Took months and it was horrendous and I've still not recovered from it.

How long between your positive tests?

Hope it isn't as bad this time.

How long between your positive tests?

Hope it isn't as bad this time.
I tested negative back in around 26th September but I think I waited too long to get tested.
However for to the long COVID I ended up speaking with my Dr.
He thought I'd had a heart attack so sent me off to the Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic.
Heart Consultant confirmed no heart attack but did confirm COVID.

So I reckon I had it back around middle of September. Just had the new test just over 12 weeks later the other day.

Well, this is scary. Would those deaths be included in the covid death stats or not due to the length of time since the initial infection?

Almost a third of recovered Covid patients are readmitted to hospital within five months and up to one in eight die of Covid-related complications.

Research by Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics (ONS) found that out of 47,780 people discharged from hospital in the first wave, 29.4 per cent returned to hospital within 140 days and 12.3 per cent died.

The study has yet to be peer-reviewed and the alarming statistics are based on initial data.

Covid UK: One-in-eight 'recovered' Covid patients DIE within 140 days

Well, this is scary. Would those deaths be included in the covid death stats or not due to the length of time since the initial infection?

Almost a third of recovered Covid patients are readmitted to hospital within five months and up to one in eight die of Covid-related complications.

Research by Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics (ONS) found that out of 47,780 people discharged from hospital in the first wave, 29.4 per cent returned to hospital within 140 days and 12.3 per cent died.

The study has yet to be peer-reviewed and the alarming statistics are based on initial data.

That doesn't sound good at all, and hopefully it gets peer reviewed soon. Those numbers seem very high.

If it’s valid it would be on the death certificate and therefore in the ONS stats.

If it’s valid it would be on the death certificate and therefore in the ONS stats.

I assumed they're already in the stats as you only die once!

It's the getting better then being re-admitted numbers that struck me. As awful as the deaths still are.

Since having Covid last March (pre-lockdown) i've had headaches/brain fog as well as having to wear double socks in winter now after having the 'covid toes' back then. Seems the blood vessels in my toes are yet to heal fully and I essentially suffer from chilblains now. I'm in my 20s.

I went to Reading yesterday for a lung capacity test, nothing especially strenuous about blowing into a tube a lot, a small 60 second jog on the spot, she halted the test and called the Dr because she was so worried about how I looked :(

It has to get better, I'm trying to be positive but it is bloody hard right now

I went to Reading yesterday for a lung capacity test, nothing especially strenuous about blowing into a tube a lot, a small 60 second jog on the spot, she halted the test and called the Dr because she was so worried about how I looked :(

It has to get better, I'm trying to be positive but it is bloody hard right now

My Mum had a similar test this week and results confirmed that COVID has caused lung damage. They are now trying to sort a suitable inhaler to ease the issues.

A friend at work who had COVID has still not had their taste and smell return after several months.

My Mum had a similar test this week and results confirmed that COVID has caused lung damage. They are now trying to sort a suitable inhaler to ease the issues.

A friend at work who had COVID has still not had their taste and smell return after several months.

Sorry to hear about your mum :(

As regards taste and smell, I'm now ten months in and still have problems with both, having phantom smells and generally not being sure if meat is off or not prely by smell, also a little known one is auditoyry hallucinations which is pretty disturbing.

Sorry to hear about your mum :(

As regards taste and smell, I'm now ten months in and still have problems with both, having phantom smells and generally not being sure if meat is off or not prely by smell, also a little known one is auditoyry hallucinations which is pretty disturbing.
Auditory hallucinating sounds particularly unpleasant and disturbing!

Have you had any weird rashes that come and go?

Auditory hallucinating sounds particularly unpleasant and disturbing!

Have you had any weird rashes that come and go?

I've had them come and go on my arms and legs, and the auditory is unpleasant, I no longer think every noise in my flat is actually there, but I hear car doors slamming when there are no cars and a soubd I can only describe as singing, like a church choir but from far away so you cannot really make it out o_O

Interesting article on the similarities between after effects from Ebola and Chikungunya viruses and what is being seen with long covid.

“I’m not sure our policymakers have this on board when they think about long Covid – that we may not just be talking about getting through this winter or this spring, but perhaps 300,000 people in the UK and rising, who have a chronic problem.”
Scientists liken long Covid symptoms to those of Ebola survivors

Had my first telephone assessment with the long covid clinic, they were rather surprised that my Dr had not shared the blood tests results which showed a potassium deficinecy and a severe vitamin D deficiency, they think that there is a good chance this is a long term thing now as most recover fairly quickly if they are going too.

I've been referred for some cognition sessions that are not due to start until April, so even though they are aware iof the issues with lnog covid the planning is still very far behiond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom