1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long component video leads vs speaker cable

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ChrisA, Jul 18, 2002.

1. ChrisA

ChrisA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dearl all,

I'm in the throes of moving on from my 28" 4:3 TV and wish to purchase a projector. I've read lots about the various technologies available but no advice on cabling.

Currently I have a custom built rack under my TV housing all my equipment. All my cables/ interconnects are designed around this. When I have a projector obviously it will be at the other end of the room to the current TV position.

Could someone please advise me on whether the best option is to leave all where it is and buy a long component lead from the DVD player to the pj or should I move the equipment to the pj on the grounds that speaker cable is cheaper (I assume)?

On the same subject, perhaps someone can advise on where to get a decent component lead that is about 7m long.

Thanks

Chris

My Kit: Amp, Denon AVR3300, DVD, Denon DVD2800, CD, Myryad MCD500, VCR, Panasonic NV HD630B, TV, TX28LD1, Cassette, Yamaha KX-W321, Front, JBL400Ti, Centre, JBL100Ti, Rear, Kef Cresta 1

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Long component cables.

Many good sources available, try convergent av

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

why dont you think about a splitter box type of thing that can be placed near to your original set up with all the leads going into it, Hence cheaper short leads, and have just one lead from that to the PJ?