Long cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Shrink, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Shrink

Shrink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just changed my projector for a plasma and I now have a cable problem. All my AV boxes are at the back of the viewing room, near to where the projector was sited, which means that I now need to get some long cable to drive the plasma. My first question is, will I loose much if I use a long component cable (approx 8 metres) or should I move the DVD nearer the screen and extend the audio interconnects from it to my AV processor. It won't be easy to re-site the DVD player but it can be done. Moving the whole shebang is not an option though. Secondly, what should I use for non-DVD sources (I have a cable box and a VCR connected to my AV processor). My choices are composite and s-video, I think and again it will have to be a very long cable.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regards

2. Shrink

Shrink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've done it. I decided to go for the long component cable from Bluejeanscable.com. Also I discovered that I can't use s-video for the other sources (non-DVD) because my cable box doesn't do s-video and my AV processor won't let me convert. I ordered a decent composite cable from Bluejeanscable.com too.

Regards