Long awaited return to 360

rvdbarnes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good avo all!

After my 2nd 360 died around 4 months ago, i have tried various times to get MS to get it sorted.
No labels sent out, nobody has been to collect it etc etc
I think i could have done with an interpreter to accompany my patience.:mad:

I have now given up the ghost and officially hate MS and their customer service.

However i cannot go any longer without a 360 so I am just going to bite the bullet and buy an elite (and then break down my old system and sell seperates to recoup a bit of cash).

Now, I wondered if you guys could offer a bit of guidance? i catagorically DO NOT want to directly deal with MS for as long as it is possible, so thought i could take out an extended warranty with the shop i buy it from, then the responsibility is with them to sort it out IF it breaks!!
I realise MS have extended the warrenty to 3 years but that involves too much frustration with MS customer services!! and as you saw above, didnt get very far the 2nd time around! :thumbsdow

I've seen argos offer extended warranty (£34.99 for 3 years), but also know the missus got extended cover from GAME when she bought her DS lite?

My questions are,

i) do you think it would be a good idea?
ii) and do GAME usually offer extended warrenty on the 360 elites?

Cheers for any input guys

rvd

I think you'll find Game will be more than happy to offer you the extended warranty, as they try to sell that to increase profit margins. I dunno whether they offer a 3 year one tho, as I was only offered a 2 year one. There's a thread somewhere on here about whether the game warranty is worth it or not. But I think it's a quite good deal as it includes accidental damage also, so if you drop it when transporting it anywhere, then they'll repair it for you!Could come in useful...

Why don't you buy from John Lewis you automatically get a five year warranty on all electrical goods you buy from them.

Less likely to get good game bundles with them but if you aren't worried about that then this is a good option I reckon.

ok cheers for the input guys.
Will take a look around tonight and see what i can get sorted.

All im after is a no quibble exchange IF the elite goes the same way as the core and premiums i have had.

I think i have some serious personal issues with MS cust support!!:rotfl:

RVD

Are you still under warranty?
Get the mrs to call them a womans touch can work wonders,Thats what i do when i get frustrated with call centres :)

Of course he's still underwarranty, every 360 ever made is under warranty until November 2008 at the earliest and those are launch day consoles. Microsoft have a FREE 3 year warranty.

Its BELOW stupid not wanting to get it fixed and then at least selling it, selling the parts will lose you money on selling a working fixed 360. You could even get the 360 fixed by MS, then trade it for £160 at Gamestation towards the elite. Why won't you do that? Is it just spite? I think its idiotic to spite yourself and lose the value of a working 360.

Of course he's still underwarranty, every 360 ever made is under warranty until November 2008 at the earliest and those are launch day consoles. Microsoft have a FREE 3 year warranty.

Its BELOW stupid not wanting to get it fixed and then at least selling it, selling the parts will lose you money on selling a working fixed 360. You could even get the 360 fixed by MS, then trade it for £160 at Gamestation towards the elite. Why won't you do that? Is it just spite? I think its idiotic to spite yourself and lose the value of a working 360.

I don't think its a case of not wanting to get it fixed with Microsoft, as he as already tried to do this.

Its because he has basically had a hard time dealing with Microsofts customer service department.

All i can say to him is, i have had 2 xbox 360's die on me and NOT once have i had bad customer service from Microsoft.

If i was you i would try again.......

Why don't you buy from John Lewis you automatically get a five year warranty on all electrical goods you buy from them.

Less likely to get good game bundles with them but if you aren't worried about that then this is a good option I reckon.

They only give 5 years on their TV's, although my TV's have always lasted way longer than that. JL's not silly. :rolleyes:

No they don't. The 5 year warranty is only on TV's. On consoles it just the standard manufacturers warranty which is one year.

Buy from Costco if you have a membership or know someone that does. They DO offer 5 year no quibble return on ALL electrical goods they sell.

I know this for a fact as i bought a jvc camcorder from them about 3.5yrs ago, it died recently and i took it back expecting them to tell me to do one. They didnt even check it just asked me if i would like a refund or exchange it for another model of same or similar value. No questions asked.

Sorry but I agree. Giving up and throwing more money at Microsoft is a terrible idea, made worse by buying a ripoff extended warranty.

If MS aren't playing ball, read the faq and use your statutory rights with the retailer. Call Consumer Direct (no. in the faq) and they'll help you get it sorted.

If MS aren't playing ball, read the faq and use your statutory rights with the retailer. Call Consumer Direct (no. in the faq) and they'll help you get it sorted.
A letter of complaint to head office will get you a new XBox very quickly and probably an offer of a selection of MS studio games.

I wrote a letter of complaint about my Live account being inaccessible for 1 month a year or so ago now. I couldn't get anything done about it on the phone, but after I wrote the letter someone called me up (albeit a month later) and apologised profusely (plus offered me free stuff)

This was the address I sent the letter to:

Complaints Department
Microsoft Ltd
Microsoft Campus
Thames Valley Park
Reading RG6 1WG

I think when you actually write a letter they end up bending over backwards, something to do with accountability or something. For some reason phone calls and emails don't count as much. I'm sure someone else could say why...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom