London Underground Strike (Starting Tuesday 9th June at 7pm)

brendan_dj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know which lines are affected?

Ahh poo :mad:

Its a nightmare, had to book a coach for the 22 of us going to see England :(

ALL lines are affected.

Marvellous

Just got a text from TFL as well, confirming the strike is still on :(

Not all bad news though, i get 2 working from home days :D

Just read the BBC article saying its a 2 day strike, hence above suggesting Friday before normality

5% pay-rise and a promise of no compulsory redundancies. Are we in a recession? Are we another union punishing the public?

So whats going to happen then, no service at all or just limited service?

So whats going to happen then, no service at all or just limited service?

There will be as near to no service as makes no difference. Overground and DLR function so with a bit of lateral thinking you can go most places you need to.

The radio is reporting that the England game might be played behind closed doors now :( They are going to decide later on today. What a farce when people have already made arrangements!

Greedy people want a blooming payrise AND work less hours during a recession? are they mad? sorry but imo they are greedy ungrateful morons if that the case.

my mate who is a train driver earns 40k STARTING salary and i have another mate work works as one of those guys who just stands next to the barrier all day earning 24k.

edit: only 1/3 of the union voted for the strike! what the hell?

Compromise - give them all a 10% pay rise Friday & make them all redundant Monday morning.

My second week of london living is off to a great start now haha

my mate who is a train driver earns 40k STARTING salary and i have another mate work works as one of those guys who just stands next to the barrier all day earning 24k.

Tube driver should get no more than 25k and even that is generous.

Looks like they want alot more than just money, they even are saying that part of the strike is to get two drivers re instated after being dismissed for what they say is unfair dismissle

when maggie smashed all the unions :clap::clap::clap: i think she left the tube unions on purpose to remind us of what they where like

lets see country going broke, millions loosing there jobs or on pay freeze / reduced hours and they want 5% :eek: and there going to cripple london if they dont get it

beggers belief

Obviously biased as they are friends of mine but why can't that be posted?

errr they use the F word and the W word

and about 200 C words :rotfl:

which is not allowed here

the logic is if Dad is on the computer knocking a quick one out to vinyl clad donkey pron and his wife comes in he can alt tab to avforums and all she will see are fluffy bunnys and little lamb kins

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom