"London Smells".......

Setenza

I'm currently living in Rochester. As I was walking to the local "Cost Cutter" to buy some fish fingers (which were priced at £2.69 for 10 !!!!!!!!!) I spotted a piece of graffiti scrawled on the cover of the utilities box, on the side of a house.

It states that "London smells".

I was intrigued by this. I therefore check the immediate area for any unpleasant odours. I could find none. There's an iffy drain about two streets away but this is purely in a two foot radius and could hardly constitute as a malodorous stench covering the entire greater London area.

What I may do later, is annotate the said graffiti and ask the if they could be more specific. Depending on how bored I am later I may go and photograph the impending wall base conversation.

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
I'm currently living in Rochester. As I was walking to the local "Cost Cutter" to buy some fish fingers (which were priced at £2.69 for 10 !!!!!!!!!) I spotted a piece of graffiti scrawled on the cover of the utilities box, on the side of a house.

It states that "London smells".

I was intrigued by this. I therefore check the immediate area for any unpleasant odours. I could find none. There's an iffy drain about two streets away but this is purely in a two foot radius and could hardly constitute as a malodorous stench covering the entire greater London area.

What I may do later, is annotate the said graffiti and ask the if they could be more specific. Depending on how bored I am later I may go and photograph the impending wall base conversation.

Perhaps its something more personal. Check your local phone book for people with 'London' as a surname. If any live near you, then perhaps buy some deoderant for them as well and drop it off on the way home.
I hope the fish fingers were for a fish finger buttie, with cheese and ketchup, but what a price:eek:

Setenza

I hope the fish fingers were for a fish finger buttie, with cheese and ketchup, but what a price:eek:

Awe inspiring! They're now destined for a Buttie!

Only cheese I have is red Leicester, but I'm sure it will work!

I'll check the phone book while the fish fingers are a cooking.

NGD Boy

hhhhhmmmmmmm.... fish finger sandwiches:smashin: ....

Harj

I remeber some graffiti on a walk way over the A406 North circular just around Neasden, it used to say in big white painted letters, 'Mohammed is gay', I think it even made the Evening Standard, I often wondered is poor Mohammed wanted every commuter to know if he was gay.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Maybe it means nothing

Maybe it was a fellow Northerner who has come down like me, only to suffocate in the black sooty air of N.London and choke at the taste of the disgusting and worryingly "cloudy" water

:hiya:

Setenza

I was that bored. Here's a picture of the offending epithet.

image.jpg

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
Any graphologists out there? We should be able to reach some conclusions from the work.
Strange way of doing O's and is the BGC from the same author or was it there previously?
Is it a gas meter behind the door? Perhaps the meter reader was having a bad day?
Perhaps Brenda Gertrude Clarke has just dumped Brian London and is telling us why?
So much potential for scandal gossip and rumours.:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom