1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London R1 Shops Where Please?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Home PC Nut, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Home PC Nut

Home PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Please can someone give me any clues/guidance to any shops in London where you can go in and browse R1 DVD's before buying.
    I remember years ago there were several places where you could buy US NTSC LD's.

The reason I ask is that it seems to me that getting R1 via the internet is becoming more hassle than it should be so I wonder if anyone has opened a shop in the West End or something.

TIA

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Hi, try the link below.

Although well stocked and often retailing R1 titles before there release dates, prices are marked up to cover import costs and London store rates.

I still use this place a lot due to the convenience and the friendly, helpful staff. So does Jonathan Ross.

The Cinema Store

Oh, and this place use to sell NTSC Laser Disc's all those years ago. They now have a small trade in section for them.

XOD ;)

3. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    SRS laserworld in shaftsbury avenue stock all new titles 2/3 weeks before release for alot less than cinema store.