London must do's

bongo2202

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I’m off to London with my wife for a 3 day break in London staying next to Tower Bridge so any must do visitor sites and good recommendations around the More London area (don’t mind jumping on a tube for a couple of stops)

Cheers everyone

The question is, what have you done before ?

Also, what are you interested by in London ? Buildings ? Fun attractions ? Exhibitions/how-it-works ? Big museums ? The quirky ? WWII ? Rides ?

You sound like you don't want to travel too far, which if correct actually isn't a problem, given where you are staying, as there is a wealth of stuff, on both sides of the river, all within walking distance. Much more besides obviously, if you do travel.

Where you staying specifically then ? Is it at St Katherines Dock , right by Tower Bridge. Or the south side ?

Well I can recommend the imperial war museum if you like that kind of thing.

Hi Cloth Ears, to be honest open to any suggestions from museum to quirky....interested in quirky :)

My wife and I have been before just for a couple of days and did the Tate, Greenwich, Camden Town and a run up and down the thames on the clipper etc. Happy to travel around in the day but didn't want to be tied up travelling at night when its valuable drinking time.

I'm staying in More London so just around the corner for the Mayor's office.

And cheers sneakyweeone, I'll take a look at that

Okay this gives me a better idea.

With just a three day break, there's no need to go mental with the suggestions and seeing exactly where you are to be staying, in fact you have fantastic opportunities immediately to hand and some a bit further, without even going on much transport at all. I'm sure you've already seen some of the things I'm about to mention, on maps or in articles, but I hope this is of value or inspiration to others as well.

From what I gather on the map, you have the river to the front; the modern day City Hall building and Tower Bridge to the right. Quite close behind you and a little west is the recently re-done London Bridge station, which has underground lines Northern ( black ) and the super useful Jubilee ( silver ).

In relatively recent times, a vast stretch of the south bank has been developed into a touristic magnet as a city could be. This is ideal for you ! Most of the south bank river front is pedestrian walkway and also well signposted to things. Most of the riverfront as far west as Westminster Bridge is pretty dense with interest and places to spend your money. Obviously to the right/east you have Tower Bridge.

On the north side, so much is positioned close to the river, you might rarely need transport at all, except maybe to return to London Bridge at the end of a day's slow progression west, e.g. back quick from Westminster on the Jubilee Line or the other way if you were to go out at night for a show or something ( again on the Jubilee Line ).

I don't know if you use Google maps a lot but its great for revealing businesses and attractions. The closer you zoom the more is revealed. I have used it myself here to remind me of the wealth of things to do and I'll give you my opinion on some of them.

www.maps.google.com

South side, east.

continuing by edit ....... more later .......

Last edited by a moderator:
For such broad tastes why not look at some of the normal generic lists like The 50 best London attractions ?

If you don't want to be travelling at night due to drinking time... are you wanting particular kinds of drinking (cocktails, craft beer, gin palace) or just a normal pub for pints of Stella?

Hi there

I’m off to London with my wife for a 3 day break in London staying next to Tower Bridge so any must do visitor sites and good recommendations around the More London area (don’t mind jumping on a tube for a couple of stops)

Cheers everyone

If you're after some good food and don't want anything too expensive or a tourist trap have a look at londoncheapeats.com

Top of my head there's a great Vietnamese and Indian on Tooley Street which runs along the More London area

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom