London installers - recommendations

Y

youngc

Can anyone recommend an av installer in London ?

I'm mounting a Plasma above a staircase - I need to put conduit into channels above a 20 foot drop - and I cant be bothered to do it myself.

Thx

Seems to me you don't need an installer...you need an electrician. I very much doubt you would get a custom instal company to come and instal kit you have brought from someone else. Though I know from experience there are exceptions to this rule. ie...we'll install your plasma if you buy the rest of your kit from us...

You may find that more installers will be prepared to take on small jobs like this as the market for this kind of install is growing.
We'll have a decent installer directory before very long from which you would have some choice.

That is not a very small job, sounds like hiring a scaffold tower is needed, that's why the gentleman can't be bothered!! It'll cost a bundle if that's the case, it'll be a whole day's work plus the equipment hire. Not easy or fun for the guys, working in a stair well. We've done this before in a corporate situation, the price makes you blink a bit I'm afraid, but at least you know why.

The insurance for the installation alone will cost a packet!!
Why not get some chrome braided hose and run that to the plasma,surface mounted as a feature? It would save time and money on the chasing and re-plastering.

Just to add a new dimension to your problem there is now a new certification called "Part P" which is applicable to all electrical work carried out in domestic premises. What the authorities have tried to do is stop untrained people from carrying out their own electrical work in the same way as you have to be Corgi registered to carry out work on gas pipes and appliances. Even existing electricians who have their electricians ticket have to send off their papers which show references to their experience with housewiring before they will be granted "Part P" This only came in on Jan 1st and will obviously effect all of those nice displays in B&Q etc showing you how to wire a socket. As the man said you need an electrician with "Part P"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom