London - Hotel/Show/Meal

MIB

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Its our 10 year wedding anniversary coming up and I'm going to take the Mrs to London for the night which will be our first night away on our own for about 6 years (Mrs MIB wouldn't leave the children before now:rolleyes:).

Anyway want to make it a great trip without spending a fortune so if anyone can advise suggestions I would appreciate it:)

Probably go for the standard show/meal/night in hotel but open to suggestions.

For the show I'm thinking Mama mia, not my ideal show but my wife loves the film so should be a winner.

Mrs MIB likes Italian...

After a smart hotel but not too pretentious....

Last edited:
I'd recommend that you stay away from the bundle deals (meal & theatre sold together) and buy separately, that way you have far more choice over where to eat.

I know its not Italian but I suggest looking at Gaucho's in Swallow Street, they're an Argentinian steak restaurant & I think they serve some Italian dishes too, the atmosphere is nice and its the best steak I've had in this country.

I can't help with hotels because I live in London but you can get some good discounts on sites like lastminute.

I took my mum to a show for a birthday treat a couple of years back. We saw We Will Rock You and after we ate at a restaurant called Sarastro's. It's mediterranean and is on Drury Lane, right near the theatres.

The place is done up like an opera house and they actually have tables set in opera style boxes. Piccie below. Good place.

sarastro.jpg

Nt sure about hotels, but you could have a browse through London hotels - Best value by hotels-london.co.uk - Discount London Hotels

Last edited:
I know its not Italian but I suggest looking at Gaucho's in Swallow Street, they're an Argentinian steak restaurant & I think they serve some Italian dishes too, the atmosphere is nice and its the best steak I've had in this country.

hmm gaucho grill hmmm The steaks are mighty mighty fine we have one in manchester hmmm

I took my mum to a show for a birthday treat a couple of years back. We saw We Will Rock You and after we ate at a restaurant called Sarastro's. It's mediterranean and is on Drury Lane, right near the theatres.

The place is done up like an opera house and they actually have tables set in opera style boxes. Piccie below. Good place.

sarastro.jpg

Nt sure about hotels, but you could have a browse through London hotels - Best value by hotels-london.co.uk - Discount London Hotels
I've eaten there too, fantastic place- looks so good in the flesh

Thanks for the helpful suggestions...that restaurant looks promising

they £1 / £29 sale starts this Thurs, at 12:00 Noon. If ya quick you'll snap up a bargain and a half!

Yep, always worth a look, the generally sell out within minutes though!

More info: Hoxton Hotel £1 Room Sale

Sadly i'm gonna be working out in france on Thurs so I wont get a chance to go in on this one, though i've never been quick enough/remembered to look in the past :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom