London comic con 2014

Saymyname1

Ex Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section for this , please move if it ain't .

My boy has said there's one coming up in May and he's desperate to go along to it , he is mainly into figures and collectables.

Have many from here been to one before ? Do they have stalls to buy things from or is it just to see new things coming out .

Went twice last year, May/October - look forward to going again :)

They have stalls for cosplay items, plush toys/cushions, models/figures, gaming booths, comic artists and their wares. In October there were two halls, a large and small one - they are full of stalls for all related stuff.

Yeah, lots of things to buy there. I'm hoping to get down there myself for this one - though that might have something to do with a certain Jessica Nigri being there... maybe...

Yeah, lots of things to buy there. I'm hoping to get down there myself for this one - though that might have something to do with a certain Jessica Nigri being there... maybe...

That's my tickets bought then ha ha

Does it normally get packed? Thinking of taking a couple of under 10's on the Saturday.

Yes, incredibly busy. Make sure you have bought tickets before as if you are buying them on the day you will probably have a 2+ hour wait in an empty hall.

Sounds brilliant , my boys going to love going through to this .

As with the stalls there sounds like there going to more than I expected so he should be in his element there

If you can get to them!

It gets mega busy, whenever we have gone (about 6 times), we always buy the early bird tickets and get there early so we are at the front of the paid ticket queue. Even that one can take over an hour to get you in.

We then spend a couple of hours and leave. Also expect lots of kids running around with “Free Hugs” signs.

Yes, incredibly busy. Make sure you have bought tickets before as if you are buying them on the day you will probably have a 2+ hour wait in an empty hall.

Thanks for that Mr_W. :smashin:

But I think to pay an extra £24.50 to effectively 'queue jump' is taking the p***!!!:mad:

But that's capitalism for ya I suppose....

I went for the first time about 4 years ago and had to buy a ticket on the day. I think we queued for 3 hours and when we finally got inside we could barely move.

Pay the extra, I wouldn’t want to entertain children in an empty convention hall for that long.

Certainly sounds like it's worth the extra £££ to book them in advance

Damn, we're in Holland for the July event, is there another one later in the year?

The one in July is a different event(i.e not MCM Expo)... But MCM tend to do two shows a year at each venue and the second London one is in October.
On another note though, the event in July (Home - London Film and Comic Con 2014) is supposedly Stan Lee's last ever overseas appearance.

Went last year and whilst my son and I enjoyed it I honestly was a little disappointing. Enjoyed seeing all the people dressed up but It was mostly just stands/tables where you could buy stuff (comic books, collectables etc). Seemed like a lot of hassle just to look at some stuff I didn't really want or could get in my home town. I think my son would enjoy it more if he was going just with his mates but I think he is still a little young for that.

Guide is up ..I am going :smashin: looks like it will be fun ... bit disappointed with with the gaming tho as I was hoping there would be some more AAA future titles to get a go of , still its my first and I am sure my 8 year old boy will love it

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/ebooks/londoncomicconmay2014/

Got my tickets for tomorrow , my boy is well looking forward of it .

Just to update , was there yesterday ..omg it was amazing , so busy , I knew people dressed up but not so many it was fantastic to see, some imaginative and brave people there , my whole family loved it , unforgettable day

Was there on sat too, really enjoyed the day and my boy loved .busier than I thought I would be tho .

Will certainly be going to another.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom