London Calling 25th Anniversary Edition

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got this, and if so does offer much more than the standard version I've already got ?

Hey, I brought this today and I already own the single disk version too if you like the Clash it's worth buying for the Vanilla tapes and the dvd that comes with it. You get 21 tracks on the Vanilla tapes that features demos of the songs from the album and 5 new songs its very good even though the sound quality is not up to the first disk but it's not that bad. On the dvd disk you get a 30 minute documentary featuring the whole band on the making of London Calling and 3 promotional videos plus a 36 page booklet. you know you want it! :thumbsup:

The first disc is a remaster of the album proper. Apparently, this is different to the LC remaster from 4 or 5 years ago. I've not had the opportunity to listen to it on a decent hi-fi yet so can't comment but it is suppose to be an improvement over the last release.

The vanilla tapes are an interesting curiosity but how often I'd go back to them, I don't know. The tracks have been available before in bootleg format ; this is the first official release.

The DVD is 30 minutes long and an interesting watch. It confirms Guy Stevens was an absolute nut at any rate. There's 3 promo videos on their too, but I've not watched them so no idea what they are.

If you're a massive Clash fan get it. If not stick with your original version.

These Legacy series reissues from Sony/Columbia are fantastic. Got the Jeff Buckley and Byrds sets and will be getting this Clash one too.

Only one gripe. Why on earth didn't they make the CDs SACD hybrids instead of standard re-mastered CDs, great though they sound.

Answer? Because they reckon we'll buy them again when the hybrids come out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom