London busker

Marika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the galaxy. Far, far away, from somewhere...
I took this shot on a trip we made to London just in the past week. I was on a tour bus at the time, so only had seconds. I was, however, quite happy with the result. All the other people in the photo are completely ignoring her and walking away, each to their own direction/destination. She was actually quite good, the few notes I heard. Cropped for more interesting look and converted to BW for some grit. This is the only "genuine" music picture I have managed this month. I didn't want to do a setup, it didn't feel right for me. So this will have to do. (photo in the first comment)

p.s. The bokeh area at the front is the handrail on top of the bus. I know it will annoy some of you, but personally, I quite like it, so live with it :p

p.s.2. looks better in Flickr.

I agree, it looks way better on flickr, loads of detail, she's cute and I really like the look of the scene :thumbsup:

-1 the bus rail I'm afraid, and the top half has a bit too much nothing in it.

btw, the banjo is one of my favourite instruments...
;)

I like this and it works well as mono and yes bigger is better - only issue is the bit of the tour bus that intrudes and distracts a bit...

Jim

I agree, it looks way better on flickr, loads of detail, she's cute and I really like the look of the scene :thumbsup:

-1 the bus rail I'm afraid, and the top half has a bit too much nothing in it.

btw, the banjo is one of my favourite instruments...
;)

Rolls eyes.... :p

Definitely needs to be looked at on Flickr. Other than the rail, which is a little distracting, I think it's a really nice shot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom