London 2012

Reaction score
Downloaded today (around £15 from GMG).

Is really good :thumbsup: Dont know how much the appeal will last post Olympics, but will be fun for a couple of weeks for that money spent.

Good graphics, commentary is very well done and the event controls are well thought out. 45 events too (some are similar, so it feels less) - but nice to have things like table tennis in there with the track and field stuff.

Kayaking is a particular standout too.

If anyone gets it, we can try some more online. I've had a few goes and worked fine.

Is it a button basher, a la Track & Field?

Not really, not all out. The running events require rhythmic tapping to keep your bar within 2 points. Button mashing will get you nowhere.

There is a bit in the swimming just at the start and apparently (not done any yet) weight lifting is mash-heavy, but everything is not like the old-skool mashers at all - and its better for it.

Swimming is actually really enjoyable, using the left and right sticks in time to simulate moving your arms, works really well (and is different for freestyle and butterfly which is good).

From what I've read the 100m doesn't have button mashing, which seems a daft choice as it's the one event that suits going hell for leather! It's good that they've tried to do things a bit differently for some of the other events though rather than clone what's gone before.

How are you finding the events? A few reviews seem to suggest that some can be too easy, others infuriatingly fiddly whereas others just about hit the sweet spot. Seems a fair amount though so if you can set up a custom game with 10-12 that work well it should still be pretty good multiplayer wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea it is pretty easy too be fair, which is a shame. The Hard level is locked until you've been through medium, so I'm hoping to complete that and get a bit of competition.

It's weird how these games always suffer with difficulty levels and the ease of breaking world records etc. like I threw a javelin about 94m which was a WR and the nearest AI player was like 80m. Pretty annoying, but as I say, this is medium.

It does have online though and also leaderboards, so there is a bit of extra challenge there.

From what I've read the 100m doesn't have button mashing, which seems a daft choice as it's the one event that suits going hell for leather! It's good that they've tried to do things a bit differently for some of the other events though rather than clone what's gone before.

How are you finding the events? A few reviews seem to suggest that some can be too easy, others infuriatingly fiddly whereas others just about hit the sweet spot. Seems a fair amount though so if you can set up a custom game with 10-12 that work well it should still be pretty good multiplayer wise.

Does it have women's beach volleyball??

What?!? I'm just curious, that's all... :blush: :D

downloading this tonight alos got it from gmg so will be up for giving it a go online

Thanks for the impressions pboreham :)

I might give this a punt. Doesn't sound the best balanced single player game which is a shame but might be good to play with the kids over the course of the games and for trying to beat some of the leaderboard scores.

really enjoying this,used to love daley thompson decathlon on the commodore 64

I've been playing a bit of this over the last couple of days and it's really quite good. Some of the events do take a bit of getting used to but most seem pretty decent.

Table Tennis seemed terrible during my first couple of games but once you get hang of the slightly awkard movement and how to pull off shots you can move the ball around the table quite effectively and get some long rallies going. With the running events I'm still trying to learn restraint and keep forgetting that I don't need to try and max out the bar, just keep it constantly in the green area.

I'm only now just approaching the end of my 1st games as I've become a wee bit sidetracked dipping into the individual events. Kayak in particular is proving to be a real timesink and I won't stop until I hit #1 on the online leaderboards (currently #2) :D

I've been playing a bit of this over the last couple of days and it's really quite good. Some of the events do take a bit of getting used to but most seem pretty decent.

Table Tennis seemed terrible during my first couple of games but once you get hang of the slightly awkard movement and how to pull off shots you can move the ball around the table quite effectively and get some long rallies going. With the running events I'm still trying to learn restraint and keep forgetting that I don't need to try and max out the bar, just keep it constantly in the green area.

I'm only now just approaching the end of my 1st games as I've become a wee bit sidetracked dipping into the individual events. Kayak in particular is proving to be a real timesink and I won't stop until I hit #1 on the online leaderboards (currently #2) :D

Yea its cool :thumbsup:

Finished the Olympics to unlock Hard and thankfully its much better. Had about 6 events on hard so far and only got 1 silver and 1 bronze - so bit more of a challenge.

Cant find how you add 'friends' though? Would defo be up for some online.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom