1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loking for DVD player with DVI out and Progressive scan features.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jazzartist, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there,

I am looking for DVD player with the following features

DVI Out
    Progressive scan
    ZOOM
    3: 2 Pull down

Can any of you suggest me which comapany have made DVD players with features . I want to restrict my choices within the reputed Brands only and trying to avoid the made in China ones . Any suggestions ?
    Regards.

Jazartist

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi,

You are a bit limited if you don't want to consider the ones from China/Taiwan. But there is the new Denon AX11 out soon - check out the large thread on www.avsforum.com for more info.

Steve

3. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dutch ,

Can you provide the link or the webpage address where I can find more about Denon AX 11. I think its better to wait then buy Chinease or Taiwan product . You see in the Asian countries Chinease products have captured the consumer electronics and other markets keeping at bay Japanese , UK and USA products . The Chinease products are cheap with added features and more . The mass population have accepted them but some HI Fi folks are skeptical about their quality and durability. Is the same think applicable in UK I mean have the folks accpeted the Chinease products with out any Qualms/ doubts about it ?

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi,

Go to www.avsforum.com scroll down to DVD Hardware, click on thread. :smashin: Chinese players are mostly sold in supermarkets and are priced accordingly - currently £40 to £50. Myself, I have a Taiwan-made Momitsu on order from Hivizone as I am interested in the DVI output in to my plasma.

Steve