Loki (Disney+) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Dave777

Going to watch this tonight, been looking forward to it a great deal so thanks for the quick review.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks Tom. Soon as this finishes it's once-a-week release, time to do another Disney+ one Month Binge. :D

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to this one as was very impressed with Wandevision and Falcon n Winter Soldier in actually moving the MCU on in quite unexpected ways . Hope this does the same .

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks Tom. Soon as this finishes it's once-a-week release, time to do another Disney+ one Month Binge. :D

Indeed. I haven't watched Falcon & Winter Soldier yet either! A double up will be nice.

Cheers Tom anyway. Was looking for Wandavision vibes with this, hopefully plays out in that fashion.

NyarlaThoTep

Feeling a little queasy after the pun in Tom's review title ; I'll hopefully pull through and be able to watch the first episode however as it does sound promising.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Yeah I’m in for this. Loved the first episode.

stevos

Distinguished Member
I enjoyed it but it feels like it can easily slip into sillyness and trying to just rely on bad gags. Here's hoping the story is decent now the intro is done.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review - really enjoyed that and Hiddlestone and Wilson are far more engaging leads already than Mackie and Stan in Falcon and Winter Soldier. This has a wacky vibe to it that could be great fun.

Morgan Wright

Standard Member
Great review Tom. Just watched the first episode, I have to say I really enjoyed it and I’m looking forward to the rest. The idea of the TVA is fascinating and the duo of Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson worked really well. Hopefully it shapes up to be better than Falcon & The Winter Soldier, which I did enjoy but it could have been more. Wanda vision I thought was great in the end, especially if watched all at once, if it’s as good as that I’ll be happy. And like Wanda Vision Loki looks Gorgeous in Dolby Vision, money has clearly been thrown at the screen and it shows.

Slinkywizard

I loved the first episode. Weird, funny and entertaining. My only gripe is a weird one. Hiddleston looks a LOT older than he did in Avengers Assemble. Because he's older.

Obviously.

But I did find it somewhat illusion-breaking in the same way Brent Spiner's increasingly fat face detracted from the Star Trek: TNG movies.

ggwoodland

Yes watched last night as well. Enjoyed the first ep and the series has the potential to be best MCU one yet. Who doesn’t like a villain? Tom Hiddlestone and Owen Wilson dialogue exchanges were very witty. There was quite a lot of setup on who/what the TVA are as they are not exactly well known - but definitely on board for the rest of the series - george

Joe C

Enjoyed that quite a lot - the DB Cooper bit got a big laugh

UMAR 3:16

Enjoyed it, (not as wow as Wanda vision) but curious to see where it goes. Better than Falcon for sure.

Paul7777x

Looking forward to watching the lot at once.

I hope Owen thingy is not his usual ****tish self.

Badger Mushroom

A really enjoyable opener, for me much more so than WandaVision and FATWS. I'll be watching this every week, but I bet it would be great to sit down and smash in one viewing

Indiana Jones

Very strong opening episode and can't wait for next week :)

Pure coincidence but back in January I started an 'MCU film every Saturday evening' marathon and Saturday just gone was Endgame, spooky timing as we obviously had no clue when this would debut back when I started but it ended up being perfectly timed.

encaser

TH is great in the mischievous role and runs along dropping gravitas bombs with ease. I was similarly pleasured (never confused) by Owen Wilson's Mobius; who gives a very considered performance, that doesn't get overly smug or mumble-some annoying.
The whole time angle opens things up for lots of fun events throughout history to pin to Loki's nature.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches the Zen Stream Wi-Fi audio transport
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ruark R1 Mk4 radio gets summer makeover
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd June 2021
  • By Phil Hinton