1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo's response from sky (to me)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    thought you might like to read my last email response from sky, regarding the logos situation, and in particular, the latest 'all new' to be added. I'm sure it will be an identical response that many others have already had as well.....

"Thank you for your e-mail and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I was concerned to read of your dissatisfaction with the logos on Sky channels. Please allow me to explain. It was felt that, with the continual expanding range of programming on Sky,
    some form of channel identification is necessary and logos make quick and easy identification for the viewer.

Sky always welcome viewers' comments and feedback and all the points raised in your email have been noted and passed to Sky One for their information.

I am sorry that you find these logos distracting, however, thanks once again for contacting us."

Morag Carson
    Viewer Relations

....so no mention of the reason for the 'all new'. Do they listen?

dean

2. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I don't think they give a c**p what the individual customer thinks. Lets just hope that the petition will show them that a huge number of their customers want changes.:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Whilst I support (and have signed) the petition, I doubt it will have an effect.

The only way to get through to them is via their Bank Balance, and you know what that means; cancel your subscription as soon as your contract allows, and tell them why.

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recieved a similar response. All they were interested in telling me was that the red dot was essential so viewers could access the interactive services. I only mentioned the red dot when I suggested the channel logo be made removable by a second press of the "back" button. So the answer is no they do not listen. I think I will write to them this week. E-mail is quite an informal way of communicating.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have seen this active logo - what a mess!

Here is how to get rid of it!

I have a CAM in my TV, no silly buttons, just the usual logos- but the active button was on News24 - no problem on DTTV!

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They sometimes have the press red now button on itv digital and you can't always get rid of it. They had it on all the way through big brother 2 and no way you could get rid of it for more than a few seconds.