1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Screen - what do you guys use

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dmjohnson123, Sep 7, 2005.

1. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was messing around with the screen capture on my Sanyo Z3 last night and have somehow managed to wipe the default Sanyo logo image off the darned thing :eek: .

This image was handy for sizing and focusing the screen when setting the PJ up for a nights viewing.

I have now captured a good image of spiderman which is great for focusing / sizing.

Just wondered what you guys use and is their a DVD available of generic Film company logo screens or surround sound trailers which I could grab a cool logo screen from.

2. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I used the logo for the same purposes - nice and bright and easy to follow for sizing.

I also did the same thing by wiping the old picture, but instead of replacing it I cancelled the saving process half-way through and now it won't let me show a picture or save one (just shows an exclmation mark). I havn't tried a factory reset yet, but I presume that it would fix the problem. But that also means writing down all my other settings and therefore probably not worth it.

3. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Neil,

Thats how I wiped mine :suicide: .

I worked out the Sanyo takes about 2 minutes to capture the image.

Basically, when you do capture you have to sit and wait while the "bar" counts up even though the still image is shown on the screen.

I'm sure if you try again and be patient you should be able to capture again.

I'd assumed the default image was safe and "write protected" so to speak but obviously not, this must be a bit of a flaw on the Z3.

I tried going back to factory defaults but it didn't bring back the default logo.

Hope this helps Neil,

David

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    I dont have a logo on my PJ but on my hcpc i have captured the 'say hello to my little friend' scene in Scareface, just when he shoots the gun, it looks excellent :D

5. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    inzaman,

doesn't this scare off friends and family when your setting up your PJ before a viewing. Maybe they realise your not the well adjusted upstanding young man they thought you were :D

Thanks for your response.

David

6. dancingmatt

dancingmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    In the settings menu there's an option to either have your captured image or the default Z3 splash screen - have you lost that completely?

I still use the default - being white and blue it's great if you suddenly need a bit of light in a dark room, you know, to find where you put your beer down etc...

7. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The option is still there but whether I choose default or user I get my user logo screen :confused:

Very odd, and even a reset to factory defaults doesn't fix it.

8. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mines comes up with the FOX logo but altered to say my home cinema, also has a text along the bottonm where normally you see News International - here i wrote my name and address and phone number and reward for return :)